Sentura

What are you playing now?

Somehow I'm playing through Darksiders once again after originally beating the game in early 2009. Oh and I also finished The Walking Dead episode 4 and 5 that I hadn't played yet.

I recently picked up Darksiders in a bargain bin for 15 euros. The first half hour or so it felt like a God of War rip-off but as soon as you get passed that it's a wonderful game. It's like Zelda and Kratos made a baby. I love the art style, voice acting, weapons, levels, swimming, etc. I'm now 9 hours in or so. Great game so far! What do you think of it?

Oh I always liked Darksiders. I picked it up in the humble bundle THQ put together for charity, as I originally had played it on 360. It's exactly what you said, a Zelda/God of War baby. Adult Zelda for everything, God of War for the combat, minus the over the top cinematics. The great thing about Darksiders besides putting Vigil Games on the map, is that it remains this good all the way until the end. Note of warning though, the game has aged rather poorly for the PC. Details are very low, and the world is empty.

During a party yesterday night, I got a chance to play Unfinished Swan, which is a marvellous idea. Got through Chapter 1, after which I'm told it loses its originality, but I adored the simplicity yet depth of the game mechanic. Also played Dyad (good game, nothing exceptional) and Sound Shapes which is an exceptionally well made game.

Darksiders is a horrible God of War copy imho. It has everything that god of war has, but just a touch worse implemented.

That being said, God of War is such a great game that even a horrible copy as Darksiders is, its still fucking awesome.

I'm going to give Eve Online another try ...for the tenth time or something. I just know that once I get into that game I'm going to think it's the thing best ever. I love when MMO systems are large enough to allow for emergent gameplay. Like how the super-complicated crafting in SWG created all this meta gameplay and roles.

then there's the space setting + ambient soundtrack!

Edited by csyver

Still trying to beat FTL: Faster Than Light! Still yet to beat the last boss on easy mode. I can destroy his first stage normally and I came close to kill him a second time before but I was dumb with my crew teleportation and I managed to kill my fighter guy who I sent over to destroy his main guns. >_<

Awesome game though, very fun and addictive and the games are short enough that you can complete a run in one sitting if you wished. Thing is you'll probably lose at the end :D

I'm going to give Eve Online another try ...for the tenth time or something. I just know that once I get into that game I'm going to think it's the thing best ever. I love when MMO systems are large enough to allow for emergent gameplay. Like how the super-complicated crafting in SWG created all this meta gameplay and roles.

then there's the space setting + ambient soundtrack!

After my countless tries I've learned that I like the idea about the game more than the game (execution?) itself. So I just stick to reading wiki's and listening to the ambient soundtracks.

I've been playing some Dota 2 these days, with small bursts of The Binding of Isaac and Bastion in between.

It's impressive how addicting Dota is.

I'm one of those old players from the original Dota, but I was never very addicted on that - even though I played a lot.

If someone wants a Dota 2 invitation, let me know. I have just a few left.

Just bought Lego Lord of the Rings on the midweek madness. God help me.

All kidding aside, my second lego game after the Complete Saga. It's got some nice new mechanics since I last checked these games out, like the ability to play quests for people. I love going around in Middle Earth (the scale is maybe 1/100th, so you're on Weathertop the moment you leave Bree) but it has so many great little comical moments all along the key scenes of the movies that every LOTR fan should try it out.

Just bought Lego Lord of the Rings on the midweek madness. God help me.

All kidding aside, my second lego game after the Complete Saga. It's got some nice new mechanics since I last checked these games out, like the ability to play quests for people. I love going around in Middle Earth (the scale is maybe 1/100th, so you're on Weathertop the moment you leave Bree) but it has so many great little comical moments all along the key scenes of the movies that every LOTR fan should try it out.

I watched a gameplay video of the prologue and that let me wanting to buy that game. But no money here yet ._.

Tried FTL again, had several tries and still haven't managed to complete it on easy. This is by far the most frustrating/random game I've ever played, I've never been so pissed off at a game before. So I died at stage 3 in the boss battle, the first 2 were a breeze and then out of nowhere some modules get damaged and I was fucked. It feels as though there's no middle ground in battles...

Too many random factors in this game to my taste imo; evasion, which missile is gonna hit where, the loot, the contents of the stores... I'm either not flexible enough or this game is just hard as fuck. Or the Kestrel is just a piece of shit ship and I should just play with a different one.

Edited by Chimeray

Playing Max Payne 3, despite the change in setting it still definately feels like Max, James Mccafferty's voice is unmistakable and the gunplay is much the same.

I wish there was more NY though, there's only two chapters of gun battles in snow and they were too short.

My main issues with the game so far losing/having a different weapon you had before a cutscene, ending up on the floor everytime you shootdodge and the system of gates and doors you just walked through locking behind you... what's the point?!

I'll go into more detail when I've beat it...