Sentura

What are you playing now?

arkham city is still my game of the year so far !

i just beat nimbus little indie gem and now i have to decide what to play next the people on the facebooks say i should play banjo kazoie ( for reference) or deus ex ... extra credits also last week made a point for dx hr

yeah Arkham City is my pick for game of the year. That's the only game I've wanted to continue playing after I had completed it. I moved on to Uncharted 3 recently, I'm around the boats and I still can't quite put the finger on it but I'm not all that excited with the game. I suppose the leap from 2 to 1 was just too big and I feel a sense of deja vu coupled with an even stronger linear story and levels. Uncharted 2 was always kinda slow to start and picked up every chapter from the arrival in Nepal to the end, but it hasn't quite happened yet for me this time around.

I've also noticed how much less combat there is this time around in general. You've got a few set pieces around fight arenas, but for the most part the linear progression through the world is void of enemies for very long stretches which never happened in 2. And you were given multiple ways to get from A to B in more than a few occasions, and I still haven't found any this time around either. Good puzzles, actually that's one area that got improved greatly I think.

Also tried Assassin's Creed Revelations at my brother's, and well, there comes a time when too much is too much Ithink. No amount of new gameplay techniques can incite me to continue playing, when I was never using half of them anyway and the game will let me go about my business without them. Story is an after thought, or so it seems this time around, and while it continues to look splendid, the same feel that crept in with Brotherhood where I felt I just had too many things to take care of remains. AC2 was for me about the story and I would play the entire game never thinking about side quests, Brotherhood had me doing both types equally since the story was just lacking a lot except for some key missions (climbing the castle, the end) and Revelations has me not even caring what happens next.

1 year cycles....the games really start to show how limited the time is.

Playing LA Noire, and ugh, man, this game is nowhere near as good as it could be, and it seems mostly because they wanted to make the game shallowly "GTA-esque" to suit the Rockstar logo on the box. The driving adds nothing to the experience, and the controls on foot are not at ALL conductive to minute movements when exploring a crime scene. I spent like two minutes a moment ago wandering back and forth across an object I saw on the ground before I could get Cole to stand in the right spot to let me investigate it (and it was just trash after all, too :().

Thinking back on it, the feeling I got from Portal 2 was far greater than Batman. It was also better crafted all around. Yet while the humor was the best part of the game to me, I didn't want to play it after I got through all the achievements. I guess the story took over the gameplay experimenting a bit too much in SP.

After playing the SWTOR beta over the weekend, it went from me wanting to cancel my pre-order to not only keeping it but being giddy and completely excited about it. It is clearly nothing new gameplay wise in the MMO department but the game is greatly polished with solid mechanics and story telling. I'm really looking forward to the early access on the 15th.

Thinking back on it, the feeling I got from Portal 2 was far greater than Batman. It was also better crafted all around. Yet while the humor was the best part of the game to me, I didn't want to play it after I got through all the achievements. I guess the story took over the gameplay experimenting a bit too much in SP.

So far I have got to agree and I don't believe Batman will make me change my mind after I have completed it. In fact, as I write this I'm listening to, and very much enjoying, the Portal2 soundtrack. :) Also, like you, the humor is one of my fav parts of the game... still think about Wheatley/Cave-quotes and giggle. :-D

Played through Serious Sam 3 with Rick.

Goodbye 40 euro :sad:

:-D

Currently, I'm still shitting my way through Dead Space 2. Love it so far; perhaps because it's a genre I haven't played before so the concept is pretty fresh. Great characters and voice work. Challenging enemy types and rewarding gunplay. It's cool.

Played through Serious Sam 3 with Rick.

Goodbye 40 euro :sad:

:-D

Currently, I'm still shitting my way through Dead Space 2. Love it so far; perhaps because it's a genre I haven't played before so the concept is pretty fresh. Great characters and voice work. Challenging enemy types and rewarding gunplay. It's cool.

I finished it recently, the boss battle at the end was confusing...

I kept shooting the Nicole demon and wondered why I couldn't win until I looked at a walkthrough

:XD: My main criticism at DS2 is that there's too much action and the horror aspect that the first game had is mostly lost, DS1 had a lot of small corridors where nothing much happened but you were always expecting something to kill you at any time. DS2 combat was just annoying most of the time, especially those friggin children, the FOV certainly didn't help when you're backed into a wall and you can't see those things if they're right at your feet! Great game though, superb artwork :)

Just finished Dead Space 2 :) Loved it!

The story was intriguing and Visceral didn't fail to deliver towards the end (some games show promise initially but fall apart towards the end; Bioshock 1, Deus Ex: HR etc). Loved the way Isaac as a character was handled.

Combat could be tedious sometimes, but overall it was challenging and fun. Character and environment art was outstanding.

It's a shame that my inner school girl kept me from playing the game until now.

I finished it recently, the boss battle at the end was confusing...

I kept shooting the Nicole demon and wondered why I couldn't win until I looked at a walkthrough

:XD: My main criticism at DS2 is that there's too much action and the horror aspect that the first game had is mostly lost, DS1 had a lot of small corridors where nothing much happened but you were always expecting something to kill you at any time. DS2 combat was just annoying most of the time, especially those friggin children, the FOV certainly didn't help when you're backed into a wall and you can't see those things if they're right at your feet! Great game though, superb artwork :)

I couldn't take much more horror. :v Usually, I'm very picky with FOV but it was definitely not nausea-inducing in DS2 (atleast for me). Now, it limited your ability to spot necromorphs as you say but I believe that is intentional. :P Also, out of all the enemies, I found quite a few to be a lot more annoying then the kids (who usually died quite easily at the hands of my pulse rifle).

Finished Bulletstorm just now.

Short but sweet campaign. Surprisingly entertaining story. Goofy and rewarding gameplay. Looks good too. :) Well worth 12,5 euros.

EDIT: if you buy it, fix the FoV, mouse smoothing and remove the intros manually... after that it's a good pc port! :D