What are you playing now?

Sentura

I got drunk and played a Left 4 Dead 2 scrim last night. We won! :v: Right up until the finale the scores were less than 50 points from each other after every single map, then we managed to get two tanks into the Dark Carnival finale (it burned to death from me lighting it with a mollie just as our last guy was incapped), and then we took them out with our first tank, before they got outdoors.

873EA09E75CADE26FEEC909CB4DE13BB105B64AF

I'm hung over now. :v

Just finished Metro 2033!

An unpolished gem. One could nitpick and find A LOT of issues with it, but if you take it for what it is, it's a really enjoyable and atmospheric shooter.

I've been working on this one too, but I'm banging my head on the screen trying to get through the dead city, stuck at this point, with almost no ammo, 1 air filter, and like 6 of those crazy wilder beasts chasing me down.

On PS3 I'm replaying the Assassins Creed series backwards, about 2/3s through II. Forgot how clunky the combat is compared to Brotherhood.

360 I'm playing Red Dead Redemption trying to get my 100% now that I finally bought it back after it got stolen a year ago.

XBox, I'm working on Tomb Raider Legend and Jade Empire

N64 trying to finally finish Goldeneye on 00-Agent after like 12 years.

An unpolished gem. One could nitpick and find A LOT of issues with it, but if you take it for what it is, it's a really enjoyable and atmospheric shooter.

I've been working on this one too, but I'm banging my head on the screen trying to get through the dead city, stuck at this point, with almost no ammo, 1 air filter, and like 6 of those crazy wilder beasts chasing me down.

It's very unforgiving if you take a wrong step, don't scavenge/buy enough ammo or similar.

One of the many weaknesses I mentioned earlier. I can imagine that the overall game experience varies very much overall depending on what hand the game deals you.

I finished Assassin's Creed 2 last night, visually great, gameplay wise very fun,

the story is fucking retarded though. From the moment I started the game and was being told about some Templar conspiracy, I was rolling my eyes through it all. It got even more ridiculous when you get the egg and staff, open the door the pope can't get open, you see these florescent lights on the floor and writing/hyrogliphics on the wall lighting up. I thought to my self "I'm going to be pissed if this is some stupid shit about ancient astronauts or something... son of a bitch."

What are you having trouble with combo-wise in ssfiv? Arcade edition is out now, btw.

it was mostly just the trials you can do, so it's the timing between hits and hits into super/ultra combos that im not at a high enough level to do. also some of the f-180 x2 ultras are way harder than the 360 ones. im also stumped on how you can make a really fast zonk punch after a regular punch with cody (which seems to require either divine timing or making a deal with the devil). all around im pretty bad at this game, even when i do supers/ultras there's still a good 20% chance that the joypad will fail.

and im guessing the arcade version is a must have for online? right now im still just practising. ill consider online when i can beat the cpu.

Yeah, I imagine you’ll want to roll with AE for online competition but you don’t need it to learn the game (it doesn’t update content like trials anyway). Balance changes are mostly subtle, but can be important for some characters; Makoto went from zero to hero with her changes, for instance, but I think Cody just got a few small buffs.

To be honest I wouldn’t worry too much about fancy link combos for now. You can cancel normals into special/super for solid damage. Most online opponents will be spamming dragon punches while you’re hitting them hoping for a mistake, so just stick to things that are tight.

Yeah, I imagine you’ll want to roll with AE for online competition but you don’t need it to learn the game (it doesn’t update content like trials anyway). Balance changes are mostly subtle, but can be important for some characters; Makoto went from zero to hero with her changes, for instance, but I think Cody just got a few small buffs.

To be honest I wouldn’t worry too much about fancy link combos for now. You can cancel normals into special/super for solid damage. Most online opponents will be spamming dragon punches while you’re hitting them hoping for a mistake, so just stick to things that are tight.

i downloaded the arcade kit (which means i can play vs arcade players or something?) i didn't really notice any huge changes to makoto though?

The arcade kit lets you play them, but doesn't give you the changes locally afaik?

Easiest way to check is with her ex hayate (dash punch) as it armour breaks and comes out faster. In addition her dashes are faster, fukiage (up punch) is more reliable, and her ex axe kick has no minimum height requirement. Beneath the hood they've also made st.lk kara cancellable.

sick combo timing, haha. that vega is insane, especially considering he needs to charge his attacks and ultra to get working. that shit is beyond me in a match. i am pretty sure i cannot fully appreciate any of those changes :derp:

also can you explain to me the tiers of sfiv characters? is it determined by win ratio?

Only tier list I have for Arcade Edition is:

S

Yun, Yang, Fei Long

A

Zangief, C. Viper, Sagat, Akuma, Cammy, Makoto

B

Ken, Chun-Li, Balrog (Boxer), M. Bison (Dictator), Adon, Sakura

C

Abel, Dee Jay, Ibuki, E. Honda, Seth, Cody, Guy, Vega (Claw), Rufus, Ryu, Blanka, Dudley, Dhalsim, Juri, El Fuerte, Guile, Gen, Gouken, Rose, Oni, Evil Ryu

D

Hakan, T. Hawk, Dan

And although I’ve little experience with AE itself, as I just play it during lunchtimes, it does seem a little suspect. Tiers are usually arranged by power groups so I guess that ties into total win ratios. There are some fighters where the tiers are so close you’re better off looking at invididual match up charts – but there aren’t many.

Sickest thing he does is j.mp reset. Vega lands on his feet and the combo ends then he’s instantly hit with the overhead, cr.lk, ex hayate, fukiage. Sweetness.

Picked up my Persona 3 save again, inspired by finishing Persona 4. It’s a really awesome game but I can see why the dating simulator meets random dungeon formula is niche. This happens about an hour in, and I guess some of you will remember it as that game where school kids shoot themselves in the face to unleash helpful spirits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghLKgI5-3nM

Near the end now at 72 hours and just got the best Persona I can (without having played with a guide to max all the social links). Should clear it this week no problem.

It's very unforgiving if you take a wrong step, don't scavenge/buy enough ammo or similar.

One of the many weaknesses I mentioned earlier. I can imagine that the overall game experience varies very much overall depending on what hand the game deals you.

I honestly don't understand this argument with the game, loads of people have this issue.. but I've played it through twice now and both times I had no problems with having enough/ammo/money or filters. You need to take your time and explore everywhere, there are often things hidden in the most unlikely places.. and there are lots of hidden gold bullets scattered around the non-combat stations...

What were your other issues with the game out of interest?