What are you playing now?

Sentura

I was surprised to find a place like Majula so early in the game. In the previous game, Firelink had a pretty small safe area. Definitely enjoying the environments so far, especially the forests!

Obviously haven't played it yet, but in lieu of a designated thread, what are y'all thoughts on back 4 blood so far?

Just checked out the store page after being reminded of it, and I have to say it looks . . . disappointing? I think l4d/l4d2's real strong suits are/were its variable pacing and everyman character set, but from what I can tell this throws both of those squarely out the window

I don't mean it looks bad, just that it looks more like killing floor 3 than any kind of spiritual successor to left 4 dead

On 9/4/2021 at 1:23 PM, Radu said:

I was surprised to find a place like Majula so early in the game. In the previous game, Firelink had a pretty small safe area. Definitely enjoying the environments so far, especially the forests!

Now that I think about it. Dark souls 1 is the exception. Demons souls, Dark souls 2/3 and Bloodborne all have HUB's.

• 2 weeks later...

Played half of Wolfenstein and then dropped it. The levels are great and it has some Bioshock vibes due its design. It's semi open world with a city that you can freely go from one area to another, with loadins due to RAM restrictions at the time. The supernatural powers seem to be inspired by Jedi Knight 2, they work the same way. Except that you recharge at specific spots that are everywhere. The Black sun dimension is more or less the same idea used in Prey's spirit walk. I'd say that Wolfenstein is Prey 2006 with everything wrong done right. At least in terms of level design, game mechanics and a plot that isn't some random sh.... pulled from one's ass.

The bad side about Wolfenstein is that it's repetitive. The same nazis from start to finish. It gets boring fast.

The good side are the levels. Whoever made the hospital and the castle are very good. The level design does guide the player in the right direction.

I was going to try RTCW but I decided to not to. I just watched the gameplay and the game is exactly the same old wolfenstein 3D with newer tech. The level design looks good but plays bad. Whoever was playing it spent 50% of the time lost in the levels and shooting at things that do nothing.

Edited by 0kelvin

Played a few sessions of Lego Marvel Superheroes with my partner recently, we actually started back-to-back from finishing Lego Incredibles.

The Marvel is not as good, I mean ofc is older, but other older games were better.

I kept intending getting back to God of War after playing the Lego or watching something, but I end up vegetating 😕 been sick or too tired eek

Just got deathloop and it takes two.

Finished ghost of tsushima, its great tbh, very little I would change. Its just the right length for the depth of gameplay. The core gameplay is just right for what its trying to do. No dark souls combat but still lots of depth and some skill required. If anyone wants to play online let me know, been playing some of the story missions and coop.

22 hours ago, Vilham said:

Just got deathloop and it takes two.

Finished ghost of tsushima, its great tbh,

Let me know what you think of Takes Two, I was looking at it thinking if could be interesting to play on the couch with partner.

Ghost is on my list, kinda itching of fast tracking it after listening to a couple podcasts with them devs.

• 2 months later...
On 9/28/2021 at 4:53 PM, blackdog said:

Let me know what you think of Takes Two, I was looking at it thinking if could be interesting to play on the couch with partner.

Ghost is on my list, kinda itching of fast tracking it after listening to a couple podcasts with them devs.

It was a really good coop game, just the right difficultly for people that don't play too many games.

23 minutes ago, Poofoge said:

I might replay TF2 just for the good times.

If you haven't played for more than 2 years I strongly recommend against it, it's more liable to spoil your memories than to let you relive them

the bot issues are about as bad as ever, and Valve seems to've stopped caring, honestly. Maybe they're holding back until they can fix it permanently, since the band-aid solutions weren't received well, but it's a sad state at the moment.