What are you playing now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planet Coaster, I'm addicted, check out my park    

No, I was curious to see if the game could handle stacking the NPCs in the house in just one area... but then I had to take a step further with a larger area. I call this The Morning After

Been playing so much over the last couple of weeks, so here's an opinion bomb:   Call of Juarez Gunslinger Got it in the Steam sales, wanted to get it when it launched but never got around to it. R

Posted Images

6 hours ago, AlexM said:

I think I own both those games but have never tried them.. godammit steam... :X

Will add the to the list!

Same.

I started the first one way back when, but I was like “I’m very good at Splinter Cell so I can play on the hardest difficulty” – first sequence was very hard and I think I dropped the difficulty. Got to the first narration bit and then never touched again 😔

Ah that's probably why I didn't follow up. I am not a fan of stealth games from that era especially.

That said, too many people have told me how great this series is. Will def try at some point this year.

Dishonored 1 was definitely a highlight of that year. Top tier level design and fluid gameplay. Love games that give you plenty of ways how to approach each section/level. I’ve bought all the other ones too, but haven't had time to play them yet.
Corvo will strike again! ....and vanish into the shadows.

1 hour ago, Zarsky said:

Corvo will strike again! ....and vanish into the shadows.

Like he vanished into the shadows in real life?

People complain there's no good SP games, then an amazing one comes out, and they say to themselves: "I'll play it later... lemme hop on dust2 match for the billionth time real quick."

Then the sales aren't as good as they could be. It's a shame we won't see any new dishonored game anytime soon. 

While we're still talking about the series, how do you guys think the second compares to the first? I honestly enjoyed the first one more, probably because it had a thiccer atmosphere, but also better readability? I can't quite put my finger on it, but D2 seems cluttered more often than not. There's too many objects everywhere and notes and bone charms. I found myself a few times just mindlessly tapping the key to pick up everything, following a trail of details only to find myself in a different part of the level. Playing Death of the Outsider now feels a bit better. Is it just me?

Story wise, I think the first one holds better because there's more structure to it, some twists and turns. In D2 it's pretty straightforward with few surprises.

Edited by Radu
12 hours ago, Radu said:

While we're still talking about the series, how do you guys think the second compares to the first? I honestly enjoyed the first one more, probably because it had a thiccer atmosphere, but also better readability? I can't quite put my finger on it, but D2 seems cluttered more often than not. There's too many objects everywhere and notes and bone charms. I found myself a few times just mindlessly tapping the key to pick up everything, following a trail of details only to find myself in a different part of the level. Playing Death of the Outsider now feels a bit better. Is it just me?

Yeah, I agree. And the fact that Death of the Outsider gets this better is proof they came to the same realization. I have a feeling that in making a sequel, they tried to plus everything across the board, and they got carried away. Some things are better if you don't overdo them.

I also preferred the first dishonored, one of the best games I've ever played. The sequel feels almost like a step forward in some directions, and a step back in others. I feel like having the choice of two diferent playable characters was not needed at all, I'd rather have them stick with one and polish it to perfection. A small percentage of people finish video games, and an even smaller percentage plays them again, so what was the point of that? 

D2 environment art lost some of the simple stylization of the first, but they really nailed Karnaca. The first game you play in alternative universe of London and this one feels like southern Italy. Beautiful architecture, and amazing set pieces. The level where you have this device where you alternate between alternative realities is really memorable, along with the final mission in the villain's villa.

17 minutes ago, ┌HP┘ said:

The level where you have this device where you alternate between alternative realities is really memorable, along with the final mission in the villain's villa.

It's a bit funny that both D2 and Titanfall 2 have levels about time travel and one where the environment is dynamic and changes around the player, and also both came out in 2016, both sequels.. conspiracy begins

2 minutes ago, Radu said:

It's a bit funny that both D2 and Titanfall 2 have levels about time travel and one where the environment is dynamic and changes around the player, and also both came out in 2016, both sequels.. conspiracy begins

I was also thinking of Titanfall 2, another game that aparently didn't perform very well. The campaign is fucking amazing.

2016 was a pretty packed year with a bunch of great games... like just google 2016 games, I forgot that all those games came out that same year :D 

It was unfortunate for T2 to be released 2 weeks between Battlefield 1 and Infinite Warfare. 

D2 was released on the same day as Infinite Warfare.. even though the target audience might not have overlapped that much, I'm guessing the latter was louder in promotion? A few days later, Watch Dogs 2.

20 hours ago, ┌HP┘ said:

Like he vanished into the shadows in real life?

People complain there's no good SP games, then an amazing one comes out, and they say to themselves: "I'll play it later... lemme hop on dust2 match for the billionth time real quick."

Then the sales aren't as good as they could be. It's a shame we won't see any new dishonored game anytime soon. 

For the record, I may not play but I do buy all of these. Not at D1 cos makes no sense (cost+when I’m actually gonna play it), but I do my part to keep SP alive 😄

Theres also to be said the immersive sims are particularly intimidating. Hitman is one of my fav games but I haven’t picked it back up since Blood Money because I know i spent way too many hours on each map.

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Hitman is one of my fav games but I haven’t picked it back up since Blood Money because I know i spent way too many hours on each map.

With 3 out, now is the time to do it. I actually found it to be the perfect lunch time game, you die or fail the objective and try again tomorrow. Pretty dope game and it looks amazing.

1 hour ago, ┌HP┘ said:

With 3 out, now is the time to do it. I actually found it to be the perfect lunch time game, you die or fail the objective and try again tomorrow. Pretty dope game and it looks amazing.

I don’t know what a lunchtime break is anymore 👶🏼 

Edited by blackdog