What are you playing now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planet Coaster, I'm addicted, check out my park    

No, I was curious to see if the game could handle stacking the NPCs in the house in just one area... but then I had to take a step further with a larger area. I call this The Morning After

Been playing so much over the last couple of weeks, so here's an opinion bomb:   Call of Juarez Gunslinger Got it in the Steam sales, wanted to get it when it launched but never got around to it. R

Posted Images

Never heard about it before. It immediately reminded me of Blacksad, they both have some (superficial) similarities: animal characters, gritty background setting, noir adventure.
This looks really cool too, the voice acting seems great. I might give this a try later when/if I finish RDR2 :D 

Edit: Just noticed there's a free demo. That's so uncommon these days unfortunately.  I love it 👍

chickenpolice_demo.PNG

Edited by Squad

I thought of Blacksad (which I have in my wish list) as soon as I saw the thumbnail…

This chicken police tho seems hilarious, the art is really caricatural, makes me think of a high-budget Max Payne because of the use of real actors and photoshopping the heads in. Guess no hurt in trying it!

Thanks for the find @Radu

I saw Flashback for £3.xx on the PS4 store and bought it.

Not the full on 3D remake, but the original, remastered to make it work on modern platforms with a few quality of life improvements. Played a lil bit, getting out of the jungle bit at the beginning and in the city.

Man in my head was so much more detailed, maybe is because I used to play on a small 14" CRT instead of a 50". Still the best weapon draw 2D animation that I remember seeing... I think they've lost the cartridge expulsion when firing though.

I bought the Dread X Collections, a bundle of several horror indie games made specifically for it. Just played one that had me fucking terrified. It just kept building towards something happening and then it did... shitty graphics are terrifying in horror for some reason. They really work your imagination.

Edited by Radu

I just bought the PS4 from a work buddy, who got himself a PS5. This is my first console since the Xbox360 and it kinda feels like I've been living under a rock for 15 years console-wise :D
Time to catch up on some TLOU, Uncharted etc!

18 hours ago, Squad said:

I just bought the PS4 from a work buddy, who got himself a PS5. This is my first console since the Xbox360 and it kinda feels like I've been living under a rock for 15 years console-wise :D
Time to catch up on some TLOU, Uncharted etc!

Did you get much bundle with it or you have to buy stuff?

Last year there was a sale on the PS Store shortly after I got mine, so I bought TLOU+Uncharted remakes, Uncharted 4, God of War (the last one)… still took me months to get to any of these because Spider-Man that was bundled is such a time sinker. I’ve only recently started Uncharted 2 😅

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Did you get much bundle with it or you have to buy stuff?

Last year there was a sale on the PS Store shortly after I got mine, so I bought TLOU+Uncharted remakes, Uncharted 4, God of War (the last one)… still took me months to get to any of these because Spider-Man that was bundled is such a time sinker. I’ve only recently started Uncharted 2 😅

TLOU and Uncharted 4 came with it and whatever is installed on the HD. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I know P.T. is on it, so I'll be checking that one out for sure :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I completed Uncharted 2 the other night -- I almost can't believe the leap in... well every aspect of the game, they achieved in two years from the previous release.
My sore points for such refined games are just two: Naughty Dog's checkpoint system is crap, and Drake makes some jumps that defy believability, I'm not talking about realism, I mean that the game seems to bend player metrics depending what the designers want to show: there's a clear feel that the player model is artificially translated in mid-air, I'd bet some money on it.

I should play God of War, but I bought Control with the Black Friday discounts just to play something more recent (on the spot I thought it was a 2020 release but durr) so that's gonna be the next thing.

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn’t bring myself to get back to Control after that first mini-session ruined by being too tired. Too serious of a game I guess.

I started Uncharted 3 last night. Starts well, I noticed that’s when Naughty Dog added the “character probing the environment” thing where Nathan touches walls etc. I wonder if that’s why the controls feel a tad sluggish compared to #2.

Getting back into tekken 7 since my company has a fighting games club. Also getting back into UMVC3 because I have a rival in San Diego and they've started learning my characters!

Other than that I'm playing mostly spelunky2. I have the new yakuza game sitting in front of me but I don't know if I'd ever have the time for a JRPG..

On 11/18/2020 at 12:57 PM, will2k said:

Haven't played much this year; currently started playing Tomb Raider (2013 reboot).

Got it back in March for free as part of a free weekend promotion on Steam.

th?id=OIP.a5swcmoirfMAOGgUl-S6agHaD_%26p

Bought this and Rise on PS4 Store last night.
I already had the reboot on Steam, pretty sure I paid at least £12 for it 😕 but wasn't running smoothly so I never started it again after the first session. Also I struggle to connect the PC to the TV to play these so might as well have it on the PS.