Sentura

What are you playing now?

On 10/15/2020 at 3:15 AM, blackdog said:

Is that all stuff on your list @[HP]?

There's a few on there that I would like to play but as usual, back catalog rules... if there's anything I'd prioritise would be XIII cos I loved the original.

Fuck no... lol. It's just impressive how much good stuff there is.

From that list, I'm curious about The Pathless, Cyberpunk, The Falconeer, Dirt 5, XII and I might play Cold War's campaign too. It'll take me a while to get around to play all these tho.

11 minutes ago, dux said:

Thoughts?

Just finished it! It's definitely well done, especially the other otherworldly environment. That was the highlight of the game for me. Compared to The Dark Descent, there's a better distinction/pacing between horror segments and safe exploration/puzzles areas. As much as I like TDD, it was just a constant fear fest. That's not a bad thing, but this one is more focused on the story. But don't be alarmed, there are a lot of horror moments to keep you on your toes. It's cool to put the narratives together and get a better picture of what caused the events of TDD. The entire game took me about 9 hours to get through. Aside from one bad sign posted puzzle that took me longer than necessary, I can't really fault it. It's good!

Edited by Radu

On 10/21/2020 at 10:53 PM, [HP] said:

Fuck no... lol. It's just impressive how much good stuff there is.

From that list, I'm curious about The Pathless, Cyberpunk, The Falconeer, Dirt 5, XII and I might play Cold War's campaign too. It'll take me a while to get around to play all these tho.

We have the same interest then :D with the only difference of Dirt… I’m not big into driving games, I’d give priority to the Forza Horizon series if I was to get one.

With COD I’m way behind but I also plan to catch up with campaigns.

I think of that bunch, XIII is the most likely to jump ahead of the queue… Cyberpunk is right there as well but is gonna be a commitment, also I’d rather play it on the PC and I’m not sure how well it would run on mine.

I played G String over the weekend. Some of you may know the mod. Several years later and now it's a game. I have to say, it's probably one of the most engrossing game world ever built. There's just so many details and layers, it really places you in that world. And the same time, it's super janky with some poorly designed sections. There's just no way around that, but the atmosphere keeps you going. 

Just saw an article pop up here about it:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/half-life-2/mod-cyberpunk-g-strin

Edited by Radu

Assassin's_Creed_Origins_Cover_Art.pngRed_Dead_Redemption_II.jpgDeath_Stranding.jpg

Been slowly finishing these massive open world games from my backlog.. until Death Stranding was released, then I had to finish that one too. Before going back to finishing Red dead and Origins. Feels weird to have spent more than half a year mostly playing just these three games. Its taken more or less close to 100 hours to a single play through and I've enjoyed every second of them. What an incredible bunch.

Maybe one day I'm gonna play it. I'm huge western nerd, but the time it takes to play through that game plus exploration is a bit discouraging. That and the overly detailed animations. What are your thoughts on it?

I want to play RDR2 as well, my partner also got interested after the South Park episode, so I showed the trailers and explained it a bit and she is curious (despite she doesn't do action); what held me up was not having played the previous one(s) and the very questionable things 2K has done when the game was coming out (sending some goons to intimidate a youtuber)... was thinking of getting it used so they don't get a penny, but since I haven't played the other games I held off.

Finishing Spider-Man took long enough and I'm still playing it occasionally to try beat every challenge.

I've been playing Need for Speed "fist-bump edition" (2015) when the EA servers decide I can play as the always-on requirements don't match the always-on availability of their shit infrastructure or whatever it is that breaks it. I would be switching from watching some YT or Netflix and the game would dare telling me it can't connect to the server 🤬

I also started Uncharted 2 remaster which is quite an impressive leap ahead they made, in two years development. I just can't believe they created such a terrible save system back with the original, and brought it over all the way to TLOU. I have no expectations they improved it with Uncharted 4 or TLOU 2 😕

Edited by blackdog