Sentura

What are you playing now?

I turned on the X360 again and installed COD World at War, which I got for free in one of these boxes people left outside their homes during the pandemic to get rid of stuff.

Man these games are dumb, in the sense that all these memes about a shooting gallery are really spot on, something you can really play with your brain off.
It's quite annoying that such a limited experience, still doesn't manage to be perfect in terms of getting letting you get stuck on shit, AI getting in the way. It's an old game now but I feel some clipping is too generous, not only because of the getting stuck, but also you think you would hit certain enemies and it's a miss. Some enemies don't seem to take damage until certain scripted animations are complete.

Atm I would praise the way they used light to let you track the general you have to kill in the first Russian mission, with lights that project his gigantic shadow on the buildings behind. Too bad it doesn't seem possible to kill him before the game decides you can, which is quite unrewarding since his running in open field, it's a pretty coward shot.

I played Paratopic back in may. It's a short, discontinued, dream fever like experience. It's similar to Thirty flights of loving, as you have to piece together the different sequences in order to figure out what exactly happens. However, that fever dream aesthetic really sticks. There's a particular scene that's been playing back in my mind similar to a recurring nightmare. You're driving a car in this deserted city while the radio is playing a dark rendition of classic music.

Ultimate Mahvel vs Capcom 3 baby!

Ever since corona virus most fighting game tournaments aren't happening. As a result all the high level sponsored players are choosing to play the games they enjoy the most (rather than the newest ones with the prizes) and that has lead to a HUGE resurgence of people playing UMVC3 online.

It takes me on average 1-3 seconds to find a decent connection match! That's way better than pretty much any modern fighting game I've been playing!

I love this game so much. I've been playing it since 2012 and I still suck but I love the game.

There is no other fighting game I can think of where I'm STILL seeing people come up with new tech all the time. The Dr Doom combo in the below video I've only ever seen executed ONCE and I have watched probably thousands of hours of marvel tournaments (it's great to watch on the treadmill).

Finished Ghost of Tsushima, dope ass game! The ending is really awesome, worth play it 'till the end.

Now I'm playing Shovel Knight, amazing platformer, loving the level design, each level throws something new and fresh at you.

Finally played through Black Mesa, now that it's complete. It was quite the nostalgia trip going through familiar sections. There's a ton of improvements and additions, but I also found some things that I didn't quite enjoy as much. I thought I'd replay Half-Life to properly compare it. To my surprise, the original Half-Life is a lot shorter than I remembered, I beat it in 6 hours as opposed to Black Mesa's 12 hours. They really expanded on the Xen chapter, taking about 4 hours to complete... Been thinking of maybe putting together an article on the differences and how some things improved, while others got lost in translation.

I've been playing Superhot Mind Control Delete a few nights and I'm not sure if the trick as got old, but I'm just going through for the sake of playing it. I'm not finding as fun as the original. Most of all I think I'm annoyed by not being able to replay the map I just got killed/completed alike the original, and is weird that you don't need to kill all enemies to complete it. I get the new design direction of providing upgrades within a "session" (sequence of maps)...

but
there
are
just
not
enough
maps
:|

...it feels like they wanted to tick some --vania checkbox for marketing purposes more than anything.
Plus they really needed to create a launcher if you only have one game installed? Super annoying and breaks Big Picture experience if you are playing on that.

I wish Steam reviews had a "meh" and not just recommend/don't recommend.

Been playing it with a group of streamers and it is a lot of fun, even my fiancee has been getting involved and asking when we can play more!

Don't trust anyone.

7 hours ago, [HP] said:

You guys play Among Us yet? I can now see why it's exploding in popularity, game is amazing. We should get a group of mapcoreans to play. 

I’m curious to see how it plays. All I know is that there is an imposter, and people vote on who it was. Seems like people are really enjoying it 

Just beat Nioh2 and am considering trying to get platinum on it.

In the mean time I've started playing monster hunter world and tony hawk.

Man I suck at tony hawk now but the game is great! A well done remake :)

As for monster hunter. The game is gorgeous and it's quite interesting but I'm not sure I want to make the monster hunter commitment.