Sentura

What are you playing now?

2 hours ago, WD said:

I kinda liked Witcher 3 from the very start since I knew what was coming for me from the previous games so I really can't tell where it starts getting awesome. But once after you start knotting the threads of the bigger plot line it really starts to get you more invested in it.

My friend also had the first impression of Witcher 3 of being not really his type of game but he said he really started to enjoy it after playing for a while. So I'd guess definitely once you get to the big city of Novigrad.

Thanks for the info. I had a co-worker tell me that I need to decide after novigrad. I will definitely go that far :)

5 hours ago, [HP] said:

You can turn off the pixelated filter under Options, great of him for adding that.

PS. I remenber LOVING Guacamelee on my PSVita!

Awesome, that's a nice option indeed :D 

Played through Return of the Obra Dinn this weekend. God damn, son! Went in without knowing anything and was pleasantly surprised by the whole moment of death mechanic as well as the story. I had a lot of fun with it and it's definitely one of my favourites now. 

I'm glad I took a few days off to try these indies. It was definitely a breath of fresh air! 

Oh yeah, I also tried My friend Pedro, but it didn't do much for me.

Edited by Radu

On 4/22/2020 at 3:37 PM, blackdog said:

Completed the story bits of South Park The Fractured But Whole with my partner. Didn't somewhat feel as good as The Stick of Truth, despite I like the superhero theme more; in legth it felt better (the previous had some padding).
At first I really disliked the new approach to combat in this second game, but once I understood it and the fights required some actual strategy, I got to like it a lot.

Not sure what we'll play now... always wanted to finish Ilo-Milo on my X360 and there are a couple games supporting couch-coop other than more LEGO games I already purchased. Wondering if to go for simple adventure games and just take decisions together... otherwise not sure when I'll get round to play those XD

On my own I have gone back to Spider-Man for the challenges and manage to 100% and get the outstanding scores on all the challenges for the base campaign... the ones in the DLCs not sure if I'll manage, they were quite tough.
Need to go back to The Last Of Us that I've put aside again.

If you want some good coop, all the pixel junk games are good for that, you can get them on PC or console.

Specifically, shooter 1 & 2, monster and nom nom galaxy.

Lovers in a dangerous space time is good too.

Edited by Vilham

I was listening to Noah Caldwell's critique of Survival Strategy games friday at work and I just had to stop at one point when he got to Frostpunk. It sounded so good that I wanted to discover it for myself. So when I got home, I bought the thing and started playing.. and that's pretty much what I did for the entire weekend aside from some errands. The way the narrative ties into the gameplay mechanics is done so well that you genuinely stop to consider the implications a bit, even though they're just purely mechanical. And the entire experience is topped off by the music that does such a great job at capturing the atmosphere.

Noah Caldwell's commentary:

Frostpunk:

Edited by Radu

Really enjoying the master chief collection - replaying Halo 1 atm, the tab switching between version is really cool. Halo 2 up next, I've never played it. Waited 16 years to get to play it on PC what a load of fuck. :v 

Picked up the metro series recently and looking foward to get stuck into it, also just noticed i had tombraider (2013) in my game library, must have picked it up a while ago free on steam and decided to check it out (last tombraider i played was TR3 about 20 years ago^^) but i gotta admit, im more than half way through and its a lil gem of a game, lots of lil puzzles good story cinematics and a nice hunting and weapon system.. would definitely recommend for anyone like myself that haven't played TR in a while.. (both series are on steam sale)

Edited by +Rusty+

10 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I’m deep into Uncharted 1 and played some FC5.

Nice, I love the first Uncharted man.

I'm still working my way through Ori Will of the wisps. Tried GTAV on PC for a couple hours, still looks awesome but the shooting feels so outdated and unpolished, I doubt I have it in me to play it any longer.

I also got the DLC they released for Prey (Mooncrash) and for Dishonored 2 (Death of the outsider), will get started on those soon.