Sentura

What are you playing now?

I installed BF3 the other day as I'm not a fan of BFV's TTK changes and I really miss BF3. Game kept crashing or failing to connect to servers or something sadly. Need to investigate it I think.

Is BC2 still populated?

Just now, Beck said:

I installed BF3 the other day as I'm not a fan of BFV's TTK changes and I really miss BF3. Game kept crashing or failing to connect to servers or something sadly. Need to investigate it I think.

Is BC2 still populated?

Seems like there's a small group of people playing it on and off. I'm mostly interested in the Vietnam component. Depends on the day, really. I wonder when DICE is gonna make a proper Vietnam BF.

Might need to install it and check it out. BC2 was great and I'd bet it's more populated than BF3 since it always gets more praise it seems.

I'd honestly like to see a modern setting for the next BF game. That or 2143 with the return of Titan mode.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:28 PM, kleinluka said:

Playing GTA V again after many years. Still fun!!!

I've installed this during the xmas holidays when it was on sale, to check if it would run well on my PC or if I should refund and get it on PS4. It runs well so played a few hours, gonna pick it back up but been playing only with the PS4 recently, if only for the convenience of not having to move the laptop, coffee table, connect the HDMI...

I completed Spiderman which was an absolute blast for me. The story was pretty much on par with any of the movies that have come out, with some setpieces that would easily rival what we've seen on the big screen. I played only this for quite a while, the campaign and side activities are (as usual) endless for a sandbox, and really sometimes is just fun to swing around.
I am amazed how much this game is a 1:1 with Batman Arkham (Knight), but thanks to the improvements it doesn't feel a rip-off.

I have now started The Last Of Us (Remastered) and I'm kinda glad I waited this long to play it... if only for the prologue: now that I am a father I can connect with the character so much more, I'm convinced I would have never reacted/felt as I have if I played a few years ago.
I like how the game almost feels like a Splinter Cell game in its stealth sections, I love how you can stun (human) enemies with a throw and charge them, then disappear while another enemy investigates.
My complaint is with the save system which is very shit imo... at least for the remaster: they knew they weren't so limited in terms of resources, they could have done something more modern. Your save gets rewritten as soon as you get to a new checkpoint so if you want to repeat the encounter you can't (or have to load a save further back).

Haven't played with my partner since we finished the Lego Harry Potter games a while back, that was before christmas. I never watched or read any shit potter, I really got them just for her, but Lego games are always fun (until they glitch).

Hopefully we can play South Park The Fractured But Whole, but recently we have been really drained by the baby and it's early bedtime all the time.

On 2/4/2020 at 7:19 PM, [HP] said:

Anyway, I'm about half way A Plague Tale: Innocence, what an awesome experience this is. I always love a game that manages to transport me to a long time era in our past, and A Plague Tale takes place during the bubonic plague times in france, but they do pepper some fantastic elements in there too, obviously in real life you didn't have a barrage of thousands of rats wanting to eat your ass, but I liked how the team tried to be a little playful with the theme too.

This game looks so good. The way the rat hordes move and work are visually very similar to what I was imagining when we were talking about doing a Mapcore game not heavily based on combat... it just would have been some sort of alien goo, still reacting to light.

Edited by blackdog

Still need to get myself a PS just for God of War and The Last of Us they look great!
Recently been playing Elite Dangerous which is a space/flight sim with a huge universe to explore and aside from the learning curve (i expected from a flight sim) i find it very relaxing and  the visuals and sounds are incredible!.
(thankfully iv not bumped into any of these guys yet)

I just played through Kane & Lynch: Dead Men because I heard what a terrible game it is and wanted to check for myself. Well, they weren't wrong. The shooting, AI and combat encounters are absolute dog shieet. However, I enjoyed going through some of the locations. The level artists did a really good job with most of the places. And yes, I'm gonna play through the second one now..

Edited by Radu

On 3/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, Radu said:

I just played through Kane & Lynch: Dead Men because I heard what a terrible game it is and wanted to check for myself. Well, they weren't wrong. The shooting, AI and combat encounters are absolute dog shieet. However, I enjoyed going through some of the locations. The level artists did a really good job with most of the places. And yes, I'm gonna play through the second one now..

I played them too, just because fanboy of IO and @Mazy’s work.

I remember finding very weird ending in Central America during the first one.

Dog Days was really eye-catching with the glitch-style art. It was overall better from what I remember in terms of controls, but still clunky… after all is not like Hitman ever had great control feedback until Absolution with the new engine.

It was a shame the game didn’t have enough following because the cops & robbers multiplayer mode would be a very fun one imo, I played several hours with bots and already found it decent.

In the past 4 weeks I've played Doom: Eternal, Half-Life: Alyx and Terminator: Resistance. The contrast between them couldn't be greater. And while there were things I liked and disliked in all of them, the one I'd go back to replay would be Terminator: Resistance - which is probably the least impressive of them from a production and gameplay standpoint. But Doom: Eternal is too much of a chore to play and Half-Life: Alyx is just not as comfortable due to VR.