Sentura

What are you playing now?

Avalon is awesome! And the whole deception and bluff calling on that level is something that we've not really seen in videogames yet. Coup and One Night Werewolf are also really cool if you don't have time for a full Avalon game. Or Battlestar Galactica if you've got 5 hours and want to shed some friends.

Played through South Park The Stick of Truth 3 times over with a grin on my face through the entire thing. It's a small game, probably 6-7 hours on the first playthrough, you can finish it in 4-5 once you know where everything is. Tried Hack n Slash and got really bored really quickly. I'll have to give it another serious go when I don't have so much other crap to deal with. Finally played DmC Devil May Cry as well before those two, very enjoyable through and through, enough that I went and 100% it.

Finished the Evil within (finally), very good game but started very strong (huge RE vibe) and further I got, the less survival it was. Anyways good game for horror fans.

Tomorrow RE HD is out on PS4, can't wait ! I hope RE2 remake like this will be out soon LOL !

Played through South Park The Stick of Truth 3 times over with a grin on my face through the entire thing. It's a small game, probably 6-7 hours on the first playthrough, you can finish it in 4-5 once you know where everything is.

Really? It took me 17 hours on my first playthrough. I feel as though you might have missed a lot of content?

Finished the Evil within (finally), very good game but started very strong (huge RE vibe) and further I got, the less survival it was. Anyways good game for horror fans.

Tomorrow RE HD is out on PS4, can't wait ! I hope RE2 remake like this will be out soon LOL !

I'm going to wait until it gets a retail release on the PS4. I don't do digital on console releases (except for the free stuff I get from PSN).

I'm going to wait until it gets a retail release on the PS4. I don't do digital on console releases (except for the free stuff I get from PSN).

U sure whis will happend ?

U sure whis will happend ?

No, but Asia already has retail releases for the PS3 version. So if they do decide to skip it all together I'll import one for the PS3. It's not like it's miles apart graphic wise :)

Played through South Park The Stick of Truth 3 times over with a grin on my face through the entire thing. It's a small game, probably 6-7 hours on the first playthrough, you can finish it in 4-5 once you know where everything is.

Really? It took me 17 hours on my first playthrough. I feel as though you might have missed a lot of content?

Aside from a few achievements I got on my second and third walkthrough, I completed all the missions on my first attempt. Some like the hobos after having finished the game. I was missing two chinpokomons from playing two quests without getting them

Playing Blacklist for the first time and I can't believe how much bad design there is in this game. Some levels and sections are borderline unplayable.

One section has a timer where you have to wait for a minute and a half while something or other downloads (it's never clear what or why you have to wait). You have to return to pick that same thing up after it finishes. But there's no reason to stick around as the area is full of guards, especially when you can find a hiding spot below the area. So basically I'm hanging from a pipe for a minute and a half until the fucking download completes. Best thing is that the checkpoint is right before the timer starts, so you get to hug a pipe a lot, but not in the #420 blaze it way. But hey at least you can do other stuff while playing, such as ranting on an online forum about how fucking frustrating a game is.

Once it completes apparently the patrol routes change and there's a lot more guards than before. Because a tiny 6x14m space clearly needs a lot of enemies patrolling. Especially when its walls are made of glass. Which incidentally also means that any enemies outside can see you when you try to sneak back in to get the downloaded files. It gets better as the AI's random seed for patrols changes between checkpoint reload, so sometimes you get spotted places where you didn't get spotted in an earlier checkpoint because one dude decided that he should angle his head just the right amount to see you. I fucking wish I was kidding.

The best design in this game are the sidequest missions where you gather different intel. There's a lot of variety in paths and entrances and it's fun. Plus the areas are small enough that you don't need fucking checkpoints. Some bullshit enemy placement still prevails, but it's more manageable.

Edited by Sentura

Or fuck it maybe I just don't know how to play stealth games. But help me out here, when did Splinter Cell become the Dwarf Fortress of stealth games? Was it too easy to have some breathing spaces between encounters? And not have enemies from previous areas come into the breathing areas of your current area for no reason? Are you as a player now meant to be alert 24/7 and have a plan for every conceivable bus that the game might throw you under?

What happened Splinter cell, man, you used to be cool.

Got some extra beta codes for Monster Hunter 4 (3ds), enjoy:

A07118231FBTCTXF

A070QJG81SDPHHX7

A070P6J313A1HPTY

Very tempting,  it's one of the few games I've preordered. I think I'll wait though. How are you liking it. 

Tonight I'm getting back into skullgirls.

I've been playing Wasteland 2 recently. I feel like overall it's a good experience but it's kind of inconsistent in some parts.

One example would be Ag Center which is quite early in the game. I almost quit playing the game because of how boring and repetitive that part was.

Turn based squad combat for hours and hours without any real story progression isn't really what I was looking forward to. After dealing with that shit, the story actually

got more interesting and you didn't have to fight every single dude you encounter. Still I'd rather play the original Fallout with a new storyline (plz someone already make this).

I've finished Ys IV: Ark of Whatever. It's cool, but Ys: Origin and Ys: Oath of Thingy are much better games IMHO. I'm back on the Guilty Gear and League of Legends.

I did play the Blue Revolver Demo and it's pretty good! I'm going to give it another whirl in a few minutes and try and beat the developer scores (Just shy of 4m right now). These guys worked together on a Ludum Dare game called Red Entity that was also really cool. I love Woof's art and danbo has written some really good articles on various topics so I have high hopes.

Edited by Taylor

Last night I fired up DOD Source, it's so sad, I could barely find a server to play: most servers had 2 players, 2-3 were full, and a couple of others joinable. Played half hour Avalanche then turned off the computer.

I hope Valve revives the game, it really deserves a brighter future.