What are you playing now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planet Coaster, I'm addicted, check out my park    

No, I was curious to see if the game could handle stacking the NPCs in the house in just one area... but then I had to take a step further with a larger area. I call this The Morning After

Been playing so much over the last couple of weeks, so here's an opinion bomb:   Call of Juarez Gunslinger Got it in the Steam sales, wanted to get it when it launched but never got around to it. R

Posted Images

Been playing a bit of Assassins Creed: Unity recently. Got it for free with my new gfx card. Words can't describe how awesome the art is in this game. Hands down together with Alien: Isolation the most inspiring game for an artist right now. Also runs surprisingly well considering the bad things i heard about it. The worst bugs seems to be fixed. Crashed only once on me and haven't seen any game breaking bugs otherwise.

Yup, definitely the best looking game around right now IMO. I've been enjoying it quite a lot, though I got it at launch then I didn't have time to play that much of it back then and only got around to playing it after the first big patch was out, but the worst bugs I've encounter have been some glitchy pathfinder in a few spots and being briefly stuck in geometry and then being spat out, nothing severely game breaking.

It's still very much the same AC gameplay (ugh), but I found myself really enjoying just exploring the city, finding collectibles and such. Most of the story missions are pretty poorly executed with a few exceptions tho, but I'd definitely recommend it to people that like the setting and just wanna relax by running around and looking at pretty visuals :)

Yea it's a shame that the gameplay isn't on par with the visuals. Same old Ubi grind fest. I don't get it how they can put so much love in the visual details but all they can come up with for gameplay is collect 100 of this, 50 of that, go from A to B to kill random NPC, same 3 random encounters over and over etc. Donj't even understand why you have to buy weapons and clothing from the menu when there is a beautiful and richely crafted game world out there with shop fronts all over the place. I still enjoyed it quite a bit for the exploration of the city but there isn't enough immersion and variation in the gameplay that makes me want to buy the next game in the series at full price.

Just finished Mirror's Edge. The final levels where a bit of a pain, especially the climb to the sniper hideout... Faith can climb behind metal plates where she definitely shouldn't.

Overall an interesting game, definitely now I'm more curious to see the new one.

Edited by blackdog

I’m playing Ys IV: Ark of Napishtim which is pretty cool. Like other Ys games it’s mostly about the big twitchy boss fights and it does them really well, but the other parts of the game aren’t as polished as the games in this group such as Origins and Oath in Felghana. Mostly the balancing feels quite off.

I’m also playing Guilty Gear Xrd which looks amazing. I guess it’s technically 2.5D but it’s trying to make 3D look like 2D and it looks really good. They do loads of cool tricks like only animating key frames, lots of bones per model, lots of sub-models, etc. I think even if you don’t like the animu style you have to admit they really nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtY5mqdoN-U

Apologies for terrible commentary but it’s hard to find HD footage that isn’t supers and instant kills.

The game itself is pretty cool but I don’t think it surpasses GGXXAC and they’ve done some weird design decisions.  I won’t rant too much, but the game is a few feature flags and new characters away from greatness... but so was BlazBlue and that game just got worse with every release after BBCS. And P4U’s sequel was pretty bad too.  Hopefully they’ll fix YRC OS, remove Hellfire, remove Danger Time, remove the parry, remove brain-dead unblockables, remove all unblockables, add negative edge, add throw techs (seriously), fix inputs (why is Applause for the Victim still HCB, etc.), and maybe add force breaks then I will be extremely happy. If they add shadow modes, dark force, fatal counters, or guard breaks I will be sad.

I’m playing Ys IV: Ark of Napishtim which is pretty cool. Like other Ys games it’s mostly about the big twitchy boss fights and it does them really well, but the other parts of the game aren’t as polished as the games in this group such as Origins and Oath in Felghana. Mostly the balancing feels quite off.

I’m also playing Guilty Gear Xrd which looks amazing. I guess it’s technically 2.5D but it’s trying to make 3D look like 2D and it looks really good. They do loads of cool tricks like only animating key frames, lots of bones per model, lots of sub-models, etc. I think even if you don’t like the animu style you have to admit they really nailed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtY5mqdoN-U

Apologies for terrible commentary but it’s hard to find HD footage that isn’t supers and instant kills.

The game itself is pretty cool but I don’t think it surpasses GGXXAC and they’ve done some weird design decisions.  I won’t rant too much, but the game is a few feature flags and new characters away from greatness... but so was BlazBlue and that game just got worse with every release after BBCS. And P4U’s sequel was pretty bad too.  Hopefully they’ll fix YRC OS, remove Hellfire, remove Danger Time, remove the parry, remove brain-dead unblockables, remove all unblockables, add negative edge, add throw techs (seriously), fix inputs (why is Applause for the Victim still HCB, etc.), and maybe add force breaks then I will be extremely happy. If they add shadow modes, dark force, fatal counters, or guard breaks I will be sad.

The technique they use with the non-iterpolation of those keyframed poses is amazing. It's so simple yet looks so good. I could see this saving cartoon companies a lot of money (if they don't already do this).

EDIT: I've also been playing this at work. Really nice to not have a set natural order for links across every character. I was able to at least somewhat compete against seasoned players. 

Edited by AlexM

Unless you’re playing Slayer the game isn’t that link heavy as far as normal chains go. Or maybe I’m not understanding you! We’re playing at work as well and everyone seems on-board with it. I was critical above, but that’s only because Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is my favourite game ever.

I’m having to play on pad and I’m not really adjusted, especially trying to do May’s Applause of the Victim correctly, but I think I’m going to get PS+ and start playing online soon.

and I played some red alert 3 to familiarize myself with their tech cause i am helping this guy port zero hour to the newest publicly available cnc engine:

Please Warby, tell us more. Looks very promising. 

Unless you’re playing Slayer the game isn’t that link heavy as far as normal chains go. Or maybe I’m not understanding you! We’re playing at work as well and everyone seems on-board with it. I was critical above, but that’s only because Guilty Gear XX Accent Core is my favourite game ever.

I’m having to play on pad and I’m not really adjusted, especially trying to do May’s Applause of the Victim correctly, but I think I’m going to get PS+ and start playing online soon.

Apologies I meant chains not links. I meant that all characters have the same basic chain progression patterns. I cant remember the names of the buttons but it was like weak -> slash -> strong slash always works or something to that effect. 

My favorite character right now is the witch with the guitar. I like her funky delayed style where she throws that chippy projectile that allows her to dash in. 

Yeah, generally you can chain P, K, c.S, f.S, HS, 2D in sequence providing you're in range for them to land. It's not a universal rule though! There will be a "Gatling Chart" for everyone somewhere that shows what combos and what is tight on block. 

I-no is really good if you can control her dash for her mix-ups. Sol and Ky can also chase their projectiles if you're willing to invest 25% meter to Yellow Roman Cancel them. Ky lost his False Roman Cancel tricks in Xrd but they gave him his 5D and 236D projectile enhancer thing to make up for it.

I've been playing Millia-Rage and May but I don't really like any of their motions on pad (instant air dash cancels and Applause for the Victim setups). For playing people at work it's probably okay, though.

Edited by Taylor

Had a board game night yesterday with a bunch of friends where we finally tried out Resistance: Avalon. We've tried regular Resistance a couple of times and I love it, but man Avalon just adds some incredible elements that make an already super paranoid game even more so. I'd probably rank it among some of my best gaming experiences to date - of all types of games - even if it is extremely emotionally taxing :D

If you can get a large group of friends together then I guarantee that this is an absolute blast (or it will ruin friendships :D). 

And if people don't know Resistance then check this out: