What are you playing now?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Planet Coaster, I'm addicted, check out my park    

No, I was curious to see if the game could handle stacking the NPCs in the house in just one area... but then I had to take a step further with a larger area. I call this The Morning After

Been playing so much over the last couple of weeks, so here's an opinion bomb:   Call of Juarez Gunslinger Got it in the Steam sales, wanted to get it when it launched but never got around to it. R

Posted Images

RO2 trash? Playing it single player by the sounds? Banable offence.

Re RO2: Yep single player only. Haven't tried the multiplayer. But even for multiplayer, I can't imagine it being a shitload better. Level designs are just average for UE3, only a couple weapons were enjoyable. The times I got stuck with the mounted MG's which you can only use if you find a special little ledge to place it on, sucked big time. But the worst thing was the repetition of sp levels so many times over and just making it a timed defence, that was pretty lazy. So at least mp won't have that.

Ban him Sprony please.

Wow Vilham. How about "welcome to the forum Kona"?

I'll assume I'll be banned by the time I return - not that I've broken any rule but we couldn't possibly have a "new member" with an opinion on a game, could we?

it's called mapcore humour, you'll get used to it! No one means no harm, just having a laugh! 

And be most welcome to the forum! :D

Ban him Sprony please.

Wow Vilham. How about "welcome to the forum Kona"?

I'll assume I'll be banned by the time I return - not that I've broken any rule but we couldn't possibly have a "new member" with an opinion on a game, could we?

What HP said, just a joke my friend :)

Welcome to the forums. 

Re RO2: Yep single player only. Haven't tried the multiplayer. But even for multiplayer, I can't imagine it being a shitload better. Level designs are just average for UE3, only a couple weapons were enjoyable. The times I got stuck with the mounted MG's which you can only use if you find a special little ledge to place it on, sucked big time. But the worst thing was the repetition of sp levels so many times over and just making it a timed defence, that was pretty lazy. So at least mp won't have that.

There is so many things wrong with this on so many levels |:

There is so many things wrong with this on so many levels |:

Any of you guys played Red Faction: Armageddon? I've been playing the last couple days and loving it.

It's nothing like RF:Guerilla, no longer a console-stye-rpg on mars with mass-destruction but bad combat and driving. Instead they fixed the combat but made it into a linear corridor third-person shooter, like Doom 3. Kind of weird that they'd go in that direction, but I'm fine with it, not everything has to be sandbox with minigames. I guess the average reception it got were partly because everyone was expecting another GTA on mars instead of what they got. Maybe should have just had a completely different name.

Anyway, the weapons are great. The magnet gun is epic. It lets you rip any structures away and into another target - usually aliens. Or you can toss the aliens around where you want. It's probably a bit overpowered actually. But later in the game you get a powerup which lets you have infinite ammo for a short period of time, like 10secs, but only takes 10-20s to recharge again. So I took to spamming the Singularity Cannon, which is a blackhole gun, pretty much a BFG, causing mass chaos. This gun here but imagine 5 of these shots fired at once

In Dx10/11 mode it looked great as well, really nice mostly underground caves. It's just a bit linear, dull story, and the rails/vehicles section are a chore, but the great combat and weapons make up for it. Probably 8/10.

It's nothing like RF:Guerilla, no longer a console-stye-rpg on mars with mass-destruction but bad combat and driving.

wtf is this 

Anyway, it's true Armageddon is no where near as bad as it was made out to be. The alien enemy AI is actually pretty good to fight against and the destruction, even though it's scaled down is still amazing and fun.

Guerilla still top 10 games of last gen though. 

It's nothing like RF:Guerilla, no longer a console-stye-rpg on mars with mass-destruction but bad combat and driving.

wtf is this 

Anyway, it's true Armageddon is no where near as bad as it was made out to be. The alien enemy AI is actually pretty good to fight against and the destruction, even though it's scaled down is still amazing and fun.

Guerilla still top 10 games of last gen though. 

Just reading back over my review, perhaps the combat was okay, it's just that I tended to avoid it because of the nearly infinite spawning of enemies while removing the ability to save meant for most destruction missions the aim was getting the hell out of there and back to base (or a save point). Can't quite remember that far back. But Volition's vehicle handling wasn't great in this or Saints Row 2 from memory.

Not sure about Guerilla in top 10 last gen though, not for me anyway. I have 20 games released that same year (2009) that I rated higher than Guerilla. 2009 was a pretty good year.

• 1 month later...

Tuesday night I played through the whole Gone Home: really liked the semi-liberty to find clues to the final solution. It's really simple and linear, but I think the story is very well constructed/narrated.

Tonight I started Dishonored, played through the escape and been messing around the base of operations.