What are you playing now?

Sentura

WAAAAR THUNDER!!!!! 

Its actually damn good, I can see where it will become pay to win though, basically at about level 10 with a nation you will need 1m experience to level and unlock new planes. 1 million experience is about 100 games if you are top of your team. I can't imagine how much xp you need to get level 20.

Been playing some Völgarr the Viking. Man, this game's a bitch! Super old school (including the difficulty) and no BS.

Makes me relive my childhood spending afternoons trying to remember enemies' placement and levels in Ghouls 'n Ghosts.

You know, those games where you actually needed skills (and to know the levels by heart...)  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zE7qM8T0I8

This is my kinda game. Too bad I just bought a bunch of games in the Halloween sale. I will wishlist this one for sure. Nice find!

having a psp revival moment and have been playing silent hill shattered memories. very respectable gameplay and insane graphics and atmosphere for a psp game, definitely recommmended for psp owners. also been playing street fighter alpha max 3 which is pretty perfect and castlevania x chronicles, which is pretty damn hard but also really cool :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doom or occasionally Heretic. The MP communityh is split in between Odamex (rarely any players), Zandronum (some servers are always active) and Zdaemon (less active than zandronum). I'm only playing at coop servers.

I think that John Romero and Carmarck would be impressed by what ppl have done with the doom source code.

Edited by 0kelvin

Just completed the newest DmC. Really surprised how faithful and how well crafted the story was. Gameplay could have been tougher as it definitely felt like the easiest DmC, but it really sets the game up well for a triology. I had my doubt about Ninja Theory before as Heavenly Sword wasn't exactly the best game ever, but they really came through on this. Mad props all around, easily a 9.5/10.

I really liked DmC despite some anxiety running up to its release (mostly due to fake rumours spread on NeoGAF. Where was that gun cooldown, guys?). It's definitely a different beast to the other games in the series as far as combat, characters, enemies, story, etc. go but it's a reboot and I think they did a great job all-round. You should also check out the Vergil DLC if you haven't.

It's easier than the other games for sure, DMC3 on international Normal is still harder than DmC on DMD/VMD in my opinion. I was hoping the HD Collection would let you play DMC1-3 with the DMC4 system, but there was no chance Capcom would do something like that. DMC1-2 feel really awkward now.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that school is out I've begun my little vacation of gaming, socializing, cooking and drinking. 

Day 1 : 

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen

This at first really feels like Capcom trying to capitalize off of the Demons Souls games. Some of the spell effects and visuals are really similar. 

Anyways quickly you realize it's a different game, it's interesting. Not on the level of Demons Souls but still quite fun. Lots of actions and a fairly interesting game world. Hopefully there is multiplayer because this game would really benefit from it.

I do wonder about whether or not there's a balance issue to me taking a level 70 pawn from someone else when I'm, level 5. 

Joe Danger 2

My girlfriend asked me why I'm not making games like this when she saw me playing it. 

Really fun, awesome presentation, easy to learn and hard to master. Just a great game in general.

League of Legends :

Trying to quit playing this game. The prospect of going back to DOTA2 is slightly intimidating

Street Fighter 4 AE

Now that I've met some players from the scene in Vancouver there is a will to get better because I'm on the lower end of the ranking now when I'm not playing ChunLi. My other mains right now are Makoto and ERyu

Strike Suit Zero

Played 5 mins and didn't like the controls, Plan to give this another fair shot in the future.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
This still feels like a Zelda game but is surprisingly unzeldary. There is a lot more freedom in the order you unlock stuff and your equipment is all available an hour into the game. It also has a weird mix of hardcore and casual: There are no tutorials and death is extremely punishing, but dungeons are amazingly simple... One has the boss key opposite the boss door. They don’t feel like Zelda dungeons but they’re still pretty fun. I like ALBW, but I could see it being polarising.

Path of Exile
I completed normal with a Witch and a Duelist with some friends, but I cannot be bothered to play through on Cruel and above. It’s got some nice systems, amusingly most of them originally from JRPG’s, but everything you see and do is so frightfully dull.

Edited by Taylor