Sentura

Now playing - 2018

In NS today I had a bullshit death that was funny, and not just bullshit.

mArBZl.jpg

That helicopter? Not supposed to be flying. A massive pack of dogs and psuedodogs were chasing me, and it was laying crashed in the woods. I climbed on top of it, and the dogs proceed to run up against the side of it best they can, at which point I notice that the helicopter appears to be a physics object, and the dogs are actually moving it. I have a few scant seconds to smirk at this before the pack happens to push it into a nearby whirligig anomaly. I was killed instantly.

Atomic Zombie Smasher.

http://www.blendogames.com/atomzombiesmasher/

It's a strategy game about evacuating civilians from a city as zombies swarm over it. You place your evac helicopter landing spot, and it blows an airhorn as it lands attracting people (and zombies) within audible distance to it. As you progress you also unlock mercenaries who help defend the evacuation. You place them like you place the landing zone and then either they defend automatically against anything nearby (like infantry) or you manually command them to attack (like artillery or demo teams). It's got a great style to it, as should be expected, coming from the Gravity Bone/Flotilla guy.

It's got a demo that lets you play four or five missions, so there's no reason not to try it. :)

In NS today I had a bullshit death that was funny, and not just bullshit.

mArBZl.jpg

That helicopter? Not supposed to be flying. A massive pack of dogs and psuedodogs were chasing me, and it was laying crashed in the woods. I climbed on top of it, and the dogs proceed to run up against the side of it best they can, at which point I notice that the helicopter appears to be a physics object, and the dogs are actually moving it. I have a few scant seconds to smirk at this before the pack happens to push it into a nearby whirligig anomaly. I was killed instantly.

That's priceless, hahaha.

yo i finally got aroudn to playing "shadow complex" from chair !

and omg do i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-plot/writing/story/universe/ip SUCK ASS and this is based on a book you say ? well i guess i better stay away from the book than !

-the mini- map lies to you !

-the blur effect from the pause menu stays for too long after unpausing *nitpick*

+ the core mechanics feel great !

+ meleeing enemies is super satisfieng

+ head-shoting enemies might just be the most satisfying in any game EVER ... except maybe for the critical headshots in re4 ?!

+ trippel jumping + grapplign hook works awesome well and allows for a great amoutn of freedom of movement

+ puzzles are great

+ voice acting is good <3 nolan north ( although he has nothing to work with here D: stupid script ! )

+ the visuals are simple but effective ... i love em !

+ anime inspired spider tanks and walkers :derp:

+ its fun ! yes when was the last time i wrote that in one of these mini reviews ey ?

bottom line: 9/10

go get it if you dont have it already ! the must play game for any metrodvania fan !

I am playing Torchlight these days which is an excellent way of getting my hack&slash needs covered.

+ Incredible smooth game. Everything works very intuitively and all interfaces are lighting fast.

- It feels horribly unbalanced and got bunch of missed opportunities in many places, game design wise. E.g. gold is not really useful for anything because there are no things worth buying. This is sad because it kinda eliminates all that want to sell loot, shop merchants, etc. Also, only about 10% of the skills in the game are actually useful and the rest are just fillers. Again, sad game design choice.

Went back and beat Dead Space 1. I've already finished extraction, and was kinda surprised and annoyed to find both games end the same way, ie "remember System Shock 2?". If Dead Space 2 ends that way however I think it'll wrap around from stupid to hilarious. We'll see I guess. Not going to buy this game for full price, not with that DLC announcement. I was one of the few people who bought Extraction, so I'm super disappointed I can't play the Extraction related SP content. :(

Edit: Also big minus for having a Resident Evil style game and no end-game ranking screen. The game's only as long as an older RE title (my completion time was 5:04), so without that ranking system encouraging replays and earning unlocks I'm really disappointed. There are unlocks but who cares? I started a new game to read the unlocked text files and then immediately quit. No point going through the game on Medium again with better guns and a new armor set, it wasn't that much of a challenge the first time around.

yo i finally got aroudn to playing "shadow complex" from chair !

and omg do i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-plot/writing/story/universe/ip SUCK ASS and this is based on a book you say ? well i guess i better stay away from the book than !

-the mini- map lies to you !

-the blur effect from the pause menu stays for too long after unpausing *nitpick*

+ the core mechanics feel great !

+ meleeing enemies is super satisfieng

+ head-shoting enemies might just be the most satisfying in any game EVER ... except maybe for the critical headshots in re4 ?!

+ trippel jumping + grapplign hook works awesome well and allows for a great amoutn of freedom of movement

+ puzzles are great

+ voice acting is good <3 nolan north ( although he has nothing to work with here D: stupid script ! )

+ the visuals are simple but effective ... i love em !

+ anime inspired spider tanks and walkers :derp:

+ its fun ! yes when was the last time i wrote that in one of these mini reviews ey ?

bottom line: 9/10

go get it if you dont have it already ! the must play game for any metrodvania fan !

Aye, such a stunning game. Hope they're doing a sequel or something, I'd love to just have more levels :D

Oh and I'm playing Dead Space 2 right now, its brimming with win!

The terms "std: out of memory" and "there are no more files" are haunting my dreams as this point. Narodnaya Soljanka crashes with either of those messages, both of which basically mean the various bloated memory uses have finally added up to a point where the game doesn't feel like running anymore, anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour every session.

I miss sigerous mod so much, but I've put like a billion hours into playing this POS and I'm determined to reach the end of Shadow of Chernobyl. I've never actually beat it with the "real" ending, just reached the wish granter in the past.