Sentura

Now playing - 2018

The soundtrack to Deus Ex 3 is spectacular too. Shieeeeet, what a game. I knew it'd be good, been saving it for a special moment since I bought it at the end of 2011. :-D The whole feel of the world, the setting, and the main character is someone I genuinely like (sadly rare nowadays). All so good, and the detail to the world is unbelievable.

Holy shit, I've literally only opened the main menu of Deus Ex: HR and I can already tell this is gonna be something special. :-D

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw that menu as well :D. I've finished it twice and can't speak highly enough of the game. Character animation maybe loses a couple of points but that's only in comparison to such a perfect game.

Ya, it's so hard to end a game well. Even Bioshock failed in that regard

edit: I guess you could make an argument that both Half-Life's failed as well :P

Edited by FMPONE

Bioshock definitely failed in that regard.

But both Half Life games did it well imho. I mean, you could argue that "mystical intra-dimensional man jumps in and grabs you right at the end" is a cheap narrative mechanic, but I think they pulled it off.

lol, finally got past the first mission in Deus Ex: HR where you have to retrieve the Typhoon. God damn I am bad at this game, but it was great fun. Love how dynamic the gameplay can be, suits a stealth addict like me perfectly.

I took so long exploring the Sarif building before getting into the helicopter that by the time I even landed all the hostages were dead.

:oops:

Bioshock definitely failed in that regard.

But both Half Life games did it well imho. I mean, you could argue that "mystical intra-dimensional man jumps in and grabs you right at the end" is a cheap narrative mechanic, but I think they pulled it off.

It's a little convenient, but Half Life establishes that this happens and that the G-Man is watching you (whether through VO, 'cutscene', or just having him show up in odd locations). The plot synopsis version isn't that great, but the execution is well done.

Really loved Deus Ex HR's gameplay and the immersive world they created, but the execution of the story had issues, whether that be major philosophical issues or just silly contrivances like Adam turning into a total moron in cutscenes. Would love to see another go at it though, hopefully with some lessons learned.