Sentura

Now playing - 2018

Just been trying some demos lately.

Unfinished Swan - seemed like it could be something kind of interesting, but the demo didn't reveal a lot. in the demo you only do the same thing all the time. makes me wonder if that's the whole game... I'm afraid it'd get boring pretty fast :( even if it could be fun as an exploration game (if there's something more to it)

Zombie Driver HD - same deal, could see myself enjoying it for a while but it seems like it'd get very repetitious fast. And it had horrible frame rate on the PS3. Almost to the point where it's unplayable...

Also been playing some Chivalry. Great game and it gets really intense at times when you are playing on full servers. Feels like you can improve your skills a lot by just keep playing, good combos and small tricks to learn all the time. It looks really good most of the time too. Well worth the $12 I payed for sure.

I really need to hook up my PC to the TV so I can start using Steam's Big Picture... Just need to get that really, really long hdmi cable and a wireless controller. Almost worth having a dedicated PC for that next to the TV. But then again I'd rather wait for the Steam console for that.

Yep :D

I had to start a new character to see the Artorias of the Abyss DLC (killing the final boss starts game over in NG+), but it was worth it! Great DLC

I nearly broke down into tears of frustration trying to get this to work satisfactorily today, but now I am weeping tears of joy while playing through old favourites like Donkey Kong Country and Yoshi's Island. :-D

It occurred to me I could install all the emulation shit on my work laptop and plug it into my TV. That was the plan, which worked in the end but involved:

• Special wires needed because my laptop outputs Mini-HDMI rather than HDMI
  • Bluetooth receiver needed to get my PS3 controller to work with the PC wirelessly (which is awesome when it actually works BTW); there were endless driver issues getting this to work though
  • Needed even more cables because there was too much audio lag when plugging into the TV and then outputting the sound via my audio system, so now I'm going through the HDMI-enabled audio receiver
  • Lots of emulator configuration required to get the right balance of speed and prettiness on a relatively average laptop

So basically: Jesus fuckin' CHRIST. But it's all worth it, and now just as I'm ready to enjoy the fruits of my labour I have to go to bed for work tomorrow. :sad: But this weekend...! :D

One thing emulators will always have over re-releases like on the Wii virtual console: increased quality. DKC looks so great with the smoothing filters that make the pixel jaggies look like soft lines, and the music is better than ever as the emulator can output at a far better level of quality than an actual SNES ever could. Yeah it's not quite authentic, but they would so have put out CD-quality audio if they could. ;)

Of course I'd still have chosen to avoid all this hassle if Nintendo hadn't removed all the DKC games from the virtual console. :fist:

Last night i dreamt that I was at Valve playing Half-Life 3. Most of my dream consisted of me just playing and having so much fun with it. However, It turned into a nightmare when i realized that the game was so good that it had reached the pinnacle of game design forever. Everything after it would be so much worse, so there would be no reason to make games anymore. I started crying ...then my phone alarm woke me up...

as for irl; i just played through max payne 3 which was pretty good, but the story and production values was what carried it the entire way.

Last playing 2013??? :)

Unfinished Swan - seemed like it could be something kind of interesting, but the demo didn't reveal a lot. in the demo you only do the same thing all the time. makes me wonder if that's the whole game... I'm afraid it'd get boring pretty fast :( even if it could be fun as an exploration game (if there's something more to it)

I played it about a month ago. I don't know when the demo stops but I thought it was a super brilliant game, excellent execution! The pacing was almost perfect, interesting mechanics (although nothing super crazy) and the environments are pretty neat imo. It's so cheap it's criminal not to try it I think. (+ short, I love short games :) )

Edited by Chimeray

Last night i dreamt that I was at Valve playing Half-Life 3. Most of my dream consisted of me just playing and having so much fun with it. However, It turned into a nightmare when i realized that the game was so good that it had reached the pinnacle of game design forever. Everything after it would be so much worse, so there would be no reason to make games anymore. I started crying ...then my phone alarm woke me up...

as for irl; i just played through max payne 3 which was pretty good, but the story and production values was what carried it the entire way.

njO9R.jpg

i finished far cry 3. i want to stab the guy who thought holding down buttons are better than just tapping them. the same guy who also thought that trying something else while holding down a button/performing an action should cancel said action. one of the few games where i actually enjoyed the shooting more than the stealth, some great weapon feels. bad ending seemed forced, good ending was cool but needed more. i think for most of the game it would have played better from a third person perspective. in many of the radio towers i kept falling down, and having a person speak while in first person mode was weird, especially after reading about "myself". whatever, maybe first person games that talk are the new shit. whatever. stealth could also be improved, but whatever really, they made it a challenge which again made it interesting. and if it failed i could always fall back on ENJOYABLE COMBAT. i can't stress how good combat feels in this game, literally no combat fatigue all game. shooters should be modeled on design (they aren't, rick).

i was ready to stay on the island after pretty much half of the game. then the phone calls from dennis ruined it and made me wanna leave. i don't get why they had to do it like that, as if staying on the island wouldn't be bad enough in itself. it's the same shit with the staying on the island ending. just pointless.

I love L4D2. I've played it for +200 hours, but it's fucking impossible to play a decent game with a friend. It's been like this forever now.

• People leave as soon as something unexpected happen or they're not in the lead.
  • Everyone playing L4D2 are russians and the chat is being spammed down with unintelligible cyrillic shit.
  • WHY isn't it possible to join with a party of 2 or 3?

Is it that difficult to implement some sort of incentive to keep people playing on a server?

Somehow I'm playing through Darksiders once again after originally beating the game in early 2009. Oh and I also finished The Walking Dead episode 4 and 5 that I hadn't played yet.

I love L4D2. I've played it for +200 hours, but it's fucking impossible to play a decent game with a friend. It's been like this forever now.

• People leave as soon as something unexpected happen or they're not in the lead.
  • Everyone playing L4D2 are russians and the chat is being spammed down with unintelligible cyrillic shit.
  • WHY isn't it possible to join with a party of 2 or 3?

Is it that difficult to implement some sort of incentive to keep people playing on a server?

l4d(2) is all about vs. imo, but it's implemented in a way that often ends in frustration if you don't have 7 friends that have an hour and a half to set aside.

wish they would experiment with some different versus modes and work on the matchmaking/server browser