Sentura

Now playing - 2018

i figured it to be too good to be true. anyway i'm trying my way through it. the management part is a nice addition but i cant help but feel that they missed part of the LOL DO SHIT OR CONSEQUENCES deal. it's not balanced properly, i've already gotten into a vicious circle of not having money, then not being able to pursue new ufos because theyre too hardcore, then panic level rising because they shoot down my satellites, which gives me less money. it's so realistic that it borders on being a chore, and a stressful one at that. the game takes so many other liberties with realism in other parts of the game, like how shots when the miss don't hit enemies directly behind them (they go through), why the fuck be a dick about stuff like this? it seems like thoughtless design.

fyi i'm playing on normal

i suppose the game doesn't stop you from having some bad luck and ending up in a vicious cycle like that... I mean at one point things looked really bleak for me but I managed to pull through eventually (senior squadmembers died, 3 council members pulled out etc). But I mean, isn't it nice? A game where things can actually turn to shit? :cool:

I'm currently playing They Bleed Pixels. I'm at the fourth level, the game was already pretty hard but holy freaking shit son, this one is INSANELY HARD GODDAMN. I love this game.

i suppose the game doesn't stop you from having some bad luck and ending up in a vicious cycle like that... I mean at one point things looked really bleak for me but I managed to pull through eventually (senior squadmembers died, 3 council members pulled out etc). But I mean, isn't it nice? A game where things can actually turn to shit? :cool:

don't get me wrong, i love consequences. what i'm trying to say is that i'm getting severely punished for things that i was never told. it's a great concept, and i think especially outside of the management game it really works well, but it just seems like it needed a bit of fine tuning (or maybe include something in the tutorial saying DAWG YO ASS NEEDS SATELLITES OR YO FUCKD instead of displaying it as a gameplay tip during a loading screen that takes between 0.5 and 1.5 seconds)..

Edited by Sentura

Recently started playing the Firefall beta again. There is much more to do now than some months ago, that's for sure.

I also have 2 betakeys left to give out, if anyone wants.

Final Fantasy XIII-2: If you can look past the annoying characters and story you will find a really fun JRPG. It can be a bit confusing at times leaving it up to you to figure out where to go next but that's a cool thing imo, I was truly craving for some of that old school experience of not having the game telling you what to do the whole time. You rarely get that on nowadays games.

If you like RPGs and googling for character development guides and shit then this game is for you :)

This is intriguing. I had written off FFXIII-2 because I had the misfortune of playing FFXIII, but your description sounds like they actually did fix a lot of problems. Did you play that and, if so, how would you compare the two?

I've been playing a lot of League of Legends which is one of those new-fanged MOBA games where you and 9 other strangers insult each other for 20 to 40 minutes and then wonder what you're doing with your life.

Never played the first one cause I heard it was too linear.

FF XIII-2 has weird balancing though. I find that in most areas I can kill regular monsters with no problem at all (most in under 10 secs lol) but every time I reach a boss I never have high enough level to beat it at first. There's also this really annoying thing that if you take too long in a battle the enemy casts doom and then you have like 1 minute before you die.

Also wish there was a way to know the monsters' levels before going into a new area. It's pretty weird how some areas with high level monsters get unlocked very early in the game where you can get easily raped by even the crappiest mobs.

I've finally finished Arkham City. The best game I've played in years. Not only did I beat the campaign, but I played both DLC as well (Catwoman and HQ's Revenge). I was so into it that I even completed all the side missions including the Riddler quest. Even though I hated collecting all the trophies (Youtube is your friend) it's definitely worth it for the Riddler rooms alone. This is the best Batman game to date. The only complaint I have is that HQ's Revenge isn't worth +/- 10 euros you have to pay for it on Xbox Live. It's too short for that.

I've also beaten the Halo 4 campaign on Legendary. It's by far the most difficult Halo to beat on that level. That's because 343 did a couple of very annoying things to achieve that. Weapons you throw on the ground sometimes disappear making it more difficult to hold your ground and camp in really tough situations. Friendly AI is retarded which sucks because in some missions you do depend on them. For instance, the huge crawler got stuck because it drove over two Warthogs. In another situation I was relying on the AI to drive the Warthog but it couldn't navigate around a rock. But the most annoying thing is that doors seal the minute you step through making backtracking impossible. So you have to do everything with the weapons you have or that you might find. Really frustrating. On the bright side, it's a beautiful game. The prettiest I've seen on the Xbox to date. The campaign is entertaining and I enjoyed it overall but it's the first Halo I don't want to play again.

I can't get into the Halo universe at all. I tried to force my way through Halo4 to check out the art but I can't stand that game, there, I said it. (Dead gorgeous art tho)

Btw, for those who haven't yet, check out Retro City Rampage!

Oh and I finished Dishonored! Damn fine game! I am so glad quality games like this are still being made and having good sucess sales wise.

Never played the first one cause I heard it was too linear.

FF XIII-2 has weird balancing though. I find that in most areas I can kill regular monsters with no problem at all (most in under 10 secs lol) but every time I reach a boss I never have high enough level to beat it at first. There's also this really annoying thing that if you take too long in a battle the enemy casts doom and then you have like 1 minute before you die.

Also wish there was a way to know the monsters' levels before going into a new area. It's pretty weird how some areas with high level monsters get unlocked very early in the game where you can get easily raped by even the crappiest mobs.

Yeah, Final Fantasy XIII is extremely linear. Not only are the environments a straight line but the character progression and “press X” battle system are also devoid of any meaningful interactions. It’s like fractal linearity. Urk, I can feel a rant coming on. Must resist.

Bought Shinobi PS2 while failing to find King's Field in the playstation store, guess it's Europe/Japan only or something . It's pretty great.

Also bought Vagrant Story for some reason. Maybe I'll enjoy a JRPG that isn't super mario rpg for once.