Sentura

Now playing - 2018

I'm replaying Dungeon Keeper right now. Ah, the pleasures of having a Horned Reaper completely trashing your dungeon when he's angry. :derp:

Are you gunna be getting dungeons? That new game thats basically a spiritual successor to DK?

Im definitely tempted, might wait for it to drop a tenner first though.

Yeah I think I will pick Dungeons but I'm waiting for a demo before I buy it. 8)

Strange Direct3D doesn't work dux, KeeperFX always worked fine on my rig.

I tried to play Max Payne on Windows 7 some time ago and had to hack some files to get the audio working. Fuck pc gaming man.

http://www.helderpinto.com/blog/persona ... d-fix.html

Nor PS2 games on PS3 anymore...

You can if you have a PS3 fat 60gb. I play all my PS2 games there, with AA and upscalling.

I don't see people being able to play all their xbox games on their 360 :v

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xb ... ble_titles

Spent the day trying to get a DIFFERENT version of Stalker amk ns working (made by some guy named Darius) that I downloaded for convenience, because his site was faster than megaupload. After a dozen CTDs due to running out of memory (apparently?), four or five reboots, and a couple futile registry edits, I am now redownloading the original version of NS I had working from megaupload. I haven't played a single videogame all day.

Welp

":2eb5mi3l]

You can if you have a PS3 fat 60gb. I play all my PS2 games there, with AA and upscalling.

Gah, so annoying that newer PS3 models don't do this. I really want to play MGS3 with anti-aliasing and a higher resolution. Hopefully they'll eventually stick Subsistence on PSN. :(

Oh, god yeah. Releasing Subsistence is one the biggest saves in gaming history IMO; free-roaming makes such a huge difference to the quality of the gameplay. It's pretty much vital if you want to enjoy the game because unlike MGS1 and MGS2 there's no proper radar — you need to be able to see ahead. Without Subsistence you have to constantly go into first-person. :|

I got it on release fortunately, have noticed the epic prices it goes for nowadays though. :oops:

The games are so good though, and a huge part of Sony's legacy. I'm amazed they're not on PSN yet, although I like to think it's inevitable they will be. Probably too much to ask to hope that Twin Snakes rather than regular MGS1 be released in high-tea though. :(

i saw mgs 3 subsistence while i was in copenhagen at a netto super market in the bargain bin for 10 kroner (= roughly 2 euros) i was like:

"nah i already have too much on my plate to play ! ... god damn i wished i had bought it D: )

and yeah i am also waiting for an mgs 1 + 2 + 3 high def rerelease on bluray or psn ! *WANNNNNNTTTTTTTT*

- i just finished oddworld stranger ! much better port and game than munchs oddysee holds up surprisingly well both visually and gameplay wise but i had numerous game freezes and there is no options to control the graphics or even resolution of the game ( actually that just got patched in yesterday after noon when i was already in the last level * :argh: )

+story/cutscenes/voice-acting is excellent by video game standards

+stealth is optional but fun if you pull it of similarly to uncharted 2 in that regard !

+the different ammo critters are hilarious !

+first person melee attacks send enemies flying in a strangely satisfying way i guess its the sound ... ...

+best alpha blended grass/foliage i have ever seen in a game ! completely artifact/aliasing free and no sorting or masking issues either ! i tip my had to you oddworld inhabitants ! ( its all low poly and low res of course i am strictly talking "tech" here ! )

+the game almost always offers a none lethal solution to resolve a situation !

+every thing must have been build based on awesome inspirational concept art you can practically TASTE it

+has hardly any loading interruptions seams to stream from beginning to the end showing that this can very well be achieved on the pc ! background loading for the win !

+reloading after dieng is fast which is needed because:

-you will die A LOT ! the game is hard as fuck ! but thats kind of par for the course with oddworld games

-the corridors between the big pretty game areas all look the same and boring and have literally no gameplay in them god of war metroid uncharted and jak and daxter managed to hide their background loading more cleverly.

-collecting corpses/knocked out enemys becomes repetitive and takes too long

-jumping feels floaty and is extra infuriating when you try to jump out of water

-game froze /crashed a couple of times

-automatic save points are a bit too far apart !

-hardly any established oddworld creatures /lore appears in the game ... this might as well have been in a different universe / have a different ip !

all around 7/10 recommended if you like the oddworld games or are interested in alternative fps gameplay !

and yeah i am also waiting for an mgs 1 + 2 + 3 high def rerelease on bluray or psn ! *WANNNNNNTTTTTTTT*

Still rumors though: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/28 ... ng-to-ps3/

But it might be coming :) I still wanna play MGS3+4, stupid xbox :(

And now I'm gonna rant for a bit, with the recent change of Splinter Cell into a more action rather than stealth based game: MAKE MORE STEALTH GAMES PLEASE!

Still rumors though: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/28 ... ng-to-ps3/

But it might be coming :) I still wanna play MGS3+4, stupid xbox :(

And now I'm gonna rant for a bit, with the recent change of Splinter Cell into a more action rather than stealth based game: MAKE MORE STEALTH GAMES PLEASE!

man, if you want hardcore fun stealth you'll love MGS3. Definitely the best MGS in the series!

And yeah, i've seen those rumours on kotaku yesterday, it would be nice to have an HD remake like God of War 1 and 2. I would also love to see twin snakes on the Playstation, I really wouldnt like to buy a Wii just to play that game, but if it gets to that, eventually i will.

the thing with twin snakes is that it has tons of little nintendo jokes build into it there is mario toys and stuff everywhere so if they where to release this on bluray/psn

someone would have to go through the game and PURGE it of all the nintendo copyrighted material which might be a much bigger/riskier/more expansive task than you might think

with other words:

FORGET IT !