Sentura

Now playing - 2018

I might not be remembering Starcom right here, but I think it's very different. I would use the term “roguelike” but I would also have to explain I mean this in the colloquial sense of having a rand() somewhere and permadeath. In short you jump between random events, fighting bandits and upgrading your ship, heading towards a boss. There’s a lot of Let’s Plays floating around if you want to have a look-see.

Once you get the mechanics down it’s usually fairly by-the-numbers even in fights, but other times everything goes wrong and you’re putting out fires, punching aliens in the face, repairing vital services and healing crew members all at the same time. Unfortunately you’re less likely to lose because of chaotic events like this, and more because you warped to a sun early game or had an event like “you hear a distress call, help?” “yes” “you lose half your crew LOL”.

But it’s still very fun. Worth checking out.

Playing Max Payne again, with aim to play MP2 before finally getting around to playing MP3.

It's still so pretty in places, obviously it's aged but some of the really good textures are still pleasing to the eye, though the more ugly photo-raped ones are even more ugly. Bullet time is still some of the most fun I've had in gaming!

Final Fantasy XIII-2: If you can look past the annoying characters and story you will find a really fun JRPG. It can be a bit confusing at times leaving it up to you to figure out where to go next but that's a cool thing imo, I was truly craving for some of that old school experience of not having the game telling you what to do the whole time. You rarely get that on nowadays games.

If you like RPGs and googling for character development guides and shit then this game is for you :)

Borderlands 2: Having a blast with this one, shooting is really solid and the game feels a lot more polished than Borderlands 1. I really like how you have to move around a lot and dodge projectiles, feels like playing a really good shooter from the past with awesome character development and skill trees :)

Pretty impressed by the PC port too, easily one of the best I have seen in ages. New lunch break game for me that's for sure. AAA+

Yeah, saw you playing Borderlands 2, made me feel bad about not getting it on discount. Oh well... :( Amazine game, feels really great specially after you increase the fov man.

Exactly, I need a (vertical) FoV of at least 80/85 to enjoy any game. This one you can increase to 110, so awesome!

Playing dishonored on my ps3 atm, I am absolutely loving it, what's ruining it is exactly that, the fucking fov. Feels like I'm playing the game through a tube.

does the FOV make you sick? The first one made me feel ill, couldn't play it for more than 30 minutes. Haven't touched it since.

Yeah that was the same reason why I never finished the first one, the PC port was very crappy and the FOV made me sick.

This one on the other hand is amazing though, runs really smooth and you can tweak the game as much as you like :)

XCOM

i fucking love it and it's super addictive, i played like 12 hours straight in my first session. but fuck there's some really annoying missing features that just seem completely overlooked. why can't you pause to the escape menu while it's the aliens' turn? why do autosaves only save arbitrarily dependent on missions instead of in a coherent fashion. drives me fucking nuts.

still, it's good shit. does anyone know to what extent the levels are procedural? their generation algorithm seems almost too good to be true but then again what do i know.

Edited by Sentura

I've installed Quake and tried few latest custom maps and I'm amazed with the skill level of mappers. I don't remember games from last months that gave me so much fun. The quoth mod plus fitzquake works nice, I recommend!

XCOM

i fucking love it and it's super addictive, i played like 12 hours straight in my first session. but fuck there's some really annoying missing features that just seem completely overlooked. why can't you pause to the escape menu while it's the aliens' turn? why do autosaves only save arbitrarily dependent on missions instead of in a coherent fashion. drives me fucking nuts.

still, it's good shit. does anyone know to what extent the levels are procedural? their generation algorithm seems almost too good to be true but then again what do i know.

I think there's just a set amount of premade levels. Only thing that's random is the enemy count and type that spawn in, and then even that is based on difficulty. I could be wrong but I've played the same levels quite a bit.