What are you playing now?

Sentura

That game is awesome peris. Played thru the demo twice. Unfortunately right now I'm moving and starting a new job, so I can't be dropping cash on anything right now... but once I'm settled, I'm buying the full version.

And I think this would make an AWESOME smartphone game. They need to get on that.

I'm addicted to SpaceChem: http://www.spacechemthegame.com/

Play this now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow this game is surprisingly fun. Whoever designed the tutorial and first few levels deserves a beer. The way the gameplay is setup makes a seemingly complex idea super intuitive. The ability to go back to completed levels and automatically save current ones is really important. If someone didn't think to add that feature I probably wouldn't have played past the second level.

Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl mod "AMK Nardonaya Soljanka"- or at least I tried. I installed it first last night but it was unplayably slow and jumpy, constantly stopping ingame to load. I stopped, and defragged my stalker folder as I slept, and actually got into gameplay this morning, but the loading times are still insanely long (a quickload to a save made two seconds previous in the same level, in the same situation, takes over a minute. In vanilla STALKER it's maybe 15-20 seconds), and the crashes and freezes are frequent, and the sources of instadeath, forcing you to load, are as common as dirt. There are some interesting things in there (the weapon count and new maps catch my attention: For a while today I was using an MP-7, the gun from Half-life 2), but I just can't take these technical issues. I got as far as Garbage, but just now the game locked up my video, requiring a restart, and I've hit my limit.

I want to replay Shoc, and want a "new" experience, but I also don't want "new" terrible technical issues. I'm installing LURK now, as I've heard good things. I hope this is marginally better, but the moddb's description of cutting carry weight has me bugged already. I feel like base STALKER has a great balance in the carry weight vs item weight system that makes you judge what you pick up without weight being an issue for what you carry out in the field, but so many modders find this system not hardcore enough, like the stupid COP Redux mod.

After playing NS, LURK is a MUCH nicer experience. Everything loads so much faster, it's unbelievable. My launch to game time with LURK is less than a quickload with NS, and everything's prettier on top of that. It has a spattering of new weapons (though a few of them are cheating and reusing models, like the AK variants), and different stats. The world feels far more lonely compared to NS, though. I miss the text updates you'd get whenever anything noteworthy (typically something you did) happened, with STALKERS gossiping with each other via txt: Stuff like "Don't go near the Cordon bridge checkpoint, I was hearing terrible screams!" (as I'm getting ripped apart by a pack of dogs).

I think I might stick with LURK, though. I had a good, simple, hassle-free fun time with it. After my first gameplay session though I went into the config files and restored carry weight limits to vanilla. LURK sets them to 35/40 max (from 50/60 max) and multiple runs back and forth between Sid's to sell the loot I need to in order to survive early game got boring.