Sentura

Now playing - 2018

19 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Never played Crash bandicoot so I thought I would try it on the switch. Trash.

Right? Loved that game as a kid. Kinda sucks now IMO. Didn't find it enjoyable at all.

2 hours ago, PogoP said:

Right? Loved that game as a kid. Kinda sucks now IMO. Didn't find it enjoyable at all.

preach brother, i'm glad you're down for this. it's gotta be said

just to explain WHY I think it sucks:

when the game alternates between 2d/3d, you're stuck with the ability to approach the foreground. imagine playing mario and having the option of missing perfectly good jumps on the horizontal axis, because you pulled mario toward the screen. that's idiotic design. what's worse, you're stuck with an outdated 3 life system so you're not only fucking up good jumps you're having to do the exact same thing all over again when you inevitably "game over" due to the game's stupid design. then there's the ridiculously unenjoyable pixel-collisions where you feel like you're barely touching things and having catastrophic failure. there are a million non-communicated intricacies related to basic things like controls, which should be a non-starter for a platforming game with relatively simple concepts. I could go on and on about how and why this game sucks, but it really does need to be said that it sucks.

Felt the same sentiment when I was playing New N Tasty recently.

Although I think I am finding that is less because the game has not aged well, and more because the remaster feels like it's several gameplay preservation passes short of release ready. - Number of times I am dying to landmines that the environment art and lighting keeps concealing with foliage, darkness and bloom.

Played path of exile till lvl 70 and then quit. The thing is, poe offers a very large skill tree with hundreds of different paths to go and a lot of crafting. But the game lacks accessibility. They really think that all players are going to spend hours learning all the mechanics and the specific details of each league. Even after years of improving their engine they still suffer from performance issues and crashes. And the game is just too much RNG, everything is random.

Also playing MK11, waiting for ranked to start!

Also I started playing Clash Royale again. I hate that I'm playing this. I would pay 20-30$ for this game without all the bullshit.

Playing Cadence of Hyrule. Not sure how I feel about the rhythm gimmick thus far... but the music is great. It seems like a cool Zelda game with an awkward mechanic piled on top, but I think I’m gonna enjoy it a fair bit none the less.

This seems like another game where a great soundtrack really does a lot of the heavy lifting for keeping players engaged.