What are you playing now?

Sentura

I just tried Dead Space 2. Wow, it's

RUBBISH

Is this what passes for a game? beam me up scotty.

haha, can you say what you didn't like about it? Everyone keeps recommending this game to me but I haven't bothered playing it because I don't like scary games :(

It tried too hard for my tastes, and takes itself too seriously as well. It immediately tried to set the tone in the first seconds of the game by trying to scare you, but just made me roll my eyes. But having been spoilt by more sophisticated games like amnesia and system shock 2 it just doesn't do anything for me. As for the gameplay, my arch nemesis of "press button not to die" appears and got me killed within the first section (about 40 seconds into the game) because I couldn't actually see it telling me to do so, (comes up in that real time gui hud thing that moves with the camera and the camera was jiggling around and moving with a monster on me) as I had no idea about it until then. It's also incredibly repetitive and predictable to boot.

What I can recommend though is its production values.

My main problem with Dead Space is how the third person camera moves, trying to make the camera dramatic and cinematic, to add something instead of just being the player's view. It does that, but at the expense of having a responsive, directly accurate camera. It really bothers me and completely takes me out of it.

I've never played a single third person action game that can stand up to Max Payne. :(

Ah, I got it for PS3. I don't have a 360 fight stick yet.

I've not played any real people yet because I want to decide a team before I head online, but I've kind of been put off following the London fighting game scenes opinion of it (not that I’ve even popped into the London arcade this year). At high-level play most characters can turn a random hit into ToD 100% combos. MvC2 was broken, but there's different kinds... Pheonix in X-Factor - X-Factor - can viably chip your entire team to death :(((((

Also, it's dangerous to go alone! Take this!

The MP server I play on hasn't updated yet for the 1.3 update, so I've been generating random worlds and playing single player. I found a good one, a giant very thickly forested mountain, surrounded by ocean, with many very dangerous caves. The cave system and how dangerous they were (not just in monsters spawning but the many steep vertical drops, some of them ending in lava) got me in a hellish sort of mood. So when I returned to the surface for supplies, I built this for my house.

b5FIX.jpg

:v

The bed is actually in the basement, in a makeshift crypt, on an altar.