What are you playing now?

Sentura

The grind has definitely gotten better, I would slap myself if the 2006-me could read this. I don't mind the non-leveling grind much, it's just that leveling creates a sense of being in purgatory when the activities I usually do (pvping) are separated from it. If the quest-lines were even more focused on quality over quantity (and it is heading that direction) rather than feeling like a time-sink, if the leveling stood on its own legs as an experience for me - I wouldn't mind it at all. I don't think it's the singleplayer in itself that made WoW successful, it's rather the accessibility which can be attributed partly to the singleplayer focus (maybe that's what you meant by it). Then there's timing, Blizzard's polishing and the hardware accessibility. but yeah, lol bad is pretty silly now with the wintrading. however, I did find the peninsula area to be pretty fun.

as for the thread; I just installed planescape torment with a few UI modifications, time to see what the praise is all about.

Looted an M14 sniper rifle off an alpha squad. It's basically the Lynx, except extra damage, far more expensive ammo, and a non-standard weapon, which makes it cooler.

UoSnTl.jpg

The stock of ammo I've got in that image cost me 16,000ru. Totally worth it. I actually had to avoid buying all the upgrades for it, because if you get all the recoil mods it starts recoiling DOWN when you fire. :v

I had a quest bug in the twilight zone (thanks, I'm here all week) and basically ended up running around the world with 4 elites at my beg and call. I did what everyone would've done, no not the Ring of Blood or fast farming, I went around griefing alliance. Wish I could say my reign of terror was ended by a large coalition, but I actually just ganked a shaman a level higher than me but exploded before the elites got spells off. Shame.

Oh yeah, and I've been playing more Japanese shmups, and leaving a path of naked dismembered corpses in the mature Fallout 3.

just finished the bad company 2 campaign ! id say its on par but doesn't surpass the most recent call of duty outings.

+great gun feel especially the sounds !

+destructible buildings \o/

+vehicle sequences are not all completely prescripted and lame !

+great humor

+its not always on "11" like call of duty is ! those 11 moments have to be build up to and earned !

-too many large fog sand /snow storm sprites in my face at all times !

-plot breaks down in the end

-ugly tree alpha dither artifacts seriously what is that shit ? the engine can definitely handle normal alpha masks why not use that everywhere ?!

just finished the bad company 2 campaign ! id say its on par but doesn't surpass the most recent call of duty outings.

+great humor

+its not always on "11" like call of duty is ! those 11 moments have to be build up to and earned !

-ugly tree alpha dither artifacts seriously what is that shit ? the engine can definitely handle normal alpha masks why not use that everywhere ?!

I assume that you've played the multiplayer as well, that's where it really shines (best online shooter around in my opinion). The singleplayer was decent, a step up from the campaign in the first one, but in no way the reason you play this game.

Fuck alphas. I was investigating the crashed helicopter up on the plateau in southern Zaton, and the cutscene is interrupted by gunfire, and where there was previously 0 there is now TWENTY FUCKING TWO displayed on my radar stalker count. I managed to kill them all, hiding on the wing of the helicopter and sniping with my M14, and by the time I went through it all most corpses and items had vanished except for about six. My M14 is down to less than half repair.

I get my loot, leaving behind a backpack of the extras, and move up to the drainage facility in the SE to seek out a personal stash in there, sniping the mercs standing on the balconies, and start moving in- DEAD. Sniped by an alpha squad standing on the outskirts of the pool there. Reload, start instead just moving back to Skadovsk. When I reach the lip of the hill that slopes down to Noah's Ark, there are seven alphas coming up to greet me, moving along with a fucking controller and horde of hamsters. Of all the fucking things, the HAMSTERS kill me.

V2Mw4l.jpg

Reload again, I flee around them and eventually reach skadovsk under CONSTANT fire from all sides. Save, stash stuff, finish quests, TURN OFF ALPHA SQUADS.

I have one final thing to take care of in Zaton, and leave heading south. Make it to the cranes north of Noah... and get killed by another fucking alpha squad hiding in the reeds.

They are seriously ruining this game. They're supposed to be elite squads sent to assassinate me! Not an entire fucking army washing over the entire fucking zone! :cry: I've got more Alpha member kills than every other group of NPCs in the entire game, INCLUDING ZOMBIES.

Section 8 on steam > GFWL > Update > Do not want > "You can not will save" > Restart > Update > Restart > Update > Restart > Updat..

7fbaf3f1f0eff456e2c570cc08513.gif

> Kill process > Uninstall.

Hah. I had the same issue with DiRT 2 which I bought from the Steam sales. I tell you, I was fucking horrified to see GFWL included once I booted up the game.

Also:

gfwl.jpg

+great humor

I assume that you've played the multiplayer as well, that's where it really shines (best online shooter around in my opinion). The singleplayer was decent, a step up from the campaign in the first one, but in no way the reason you play this game.

I just retry the single player campaign after a break of two months at the 5th mission. I still find it fucking annoying and completely dispensable...

Fortunately, the multi is awesome.

Finally finished Black Ops single player. It kinda had its good moments but certainly not all the way through. There's way too much scripted events, the whole thing is pretty much an interactive movie. I want more freedom in these kind of FPS "Games", not movies. I still like Bad Company 2's campaign more because of this.

Oh, and I totally hate that you have to follow your teammates instead of the other way around... More times than not I'm just waiting at a door until my mates show up... So annoying, the heck with this scripted mess. And shooting doesn't feel rewarding, totally ackward sounds and movement :(