What are you playing now?

Sentura

Crysis: great game! although somewhat heavy on performance at moments and little character emersion. it's a blast to play nonetheless.

Mafia 2: awesome. but I'm at 4%, so not much to add yet.

last year was all about COD 4 MP. highest rank and all achievements. one of the games I had the most fun with, although some multiplayer issues are seriously fucked up (like the spawning system, clipping in some levels and overcrowded servers).

I was trying to play Fallout:NV but i find it unplayable. The controls are really the worst that i've ever encountered in a PC game. Something is utterly broken there and yes i have tried ini tweaks and everything. But also the gfx are very weird. It's like the fps are jumping all time and together with the spongy and laggy controls it makes me feel sick.

Also steam pissed me off once again with this purchase because it's forcing the German version on me even when i set my profile and everything to America.

I'm playing New Vegas atm as well, i find it a lot more fallout-y than Fo3 was. After few hours in i happened to forget how bad the visuals are at times, gameplay makes up for it well enough. I didnt expierienced any control issues except forced mouse acceleration which i disabled via ini.

Doom 1 and 2. Never played them through properly, but they are great games, even today. The level design is great, really makes you want to find all the secret areas!

You dislike tattoos and now this?! it is too much! :v

Finished Mass Effect 2 a few days ago, I got 54 hours out of it... yet it felt really short and empty. I think half the time I was doing side missions, finding my team and doing their missions for loyalty. Then the main mission itself was like 10 minutes long!

downloading settlers 7 at the moment, it looks really pretty! Everyone is totally slating it for it's ubidrm though. Kinda harsh, should criticise the game not it's protection. And from what I've see and read it IS a good game.

Doom 1 and 2. Never played them through properly, but they are great games, even today. The level design is great, really makes you want to find all the secret areas!

You dislike tattoos and now this?! it is too much! :v

Finished Mass Effect 2 a few days ago, I got 54 hours out of it... yet it felt really short and empty. I think half the time I was doing side missions, finding my team and doing their missions for loyalty. Then the main mission itself was like 10 minutes long!

downloading settlers 7 at the moment, it looks really pretty! Everyone is totally slating it for it's ubidrm though. Kinda harsh, should criticise the game not it's protection. And from what I've see and read it IS a good game.

Haha I totally forgot about the tattoo discussion!

I'm playing New Vegas atm as well, i find it a lot more fallout-y than Fo3 was.

Playing it as well, and I agree. While the graphics are rather crude in some areas, I don't think it is as bad as everyone says... There are some really quite pretty areas, it is more colorful and varied than Fo3. I'm also finding the difficulty curve a little more steady, in Fo3 it was somewhat hard until like level 6 or 7, then it was a cakewalk. Even deathclaw encounters towards the end were no issue - the first few you saw were a bit of a handful, but maxed out level and armor, not even a concern. Right now in NV I have maxed out level, some very good weaponry, and *almost* the best armor, and deathclaws still inspire fear. They are in huge packs and the AI seems much smarter. Take off a deathclaw's head and four others nearby will run over to the corpse and then start lookin for you... and they'll find you.

And those fucking wasps, those guys suck. I'm glad I'm not in hardcore mode because Rex makes a great poison sponge, he runs out and keeps them busy stinging him while Boone and I shoot their wings off. Then he spends the next 5 minutes repeatedly collapsing.

Playing Civ V. Seems ok, plays a lot like Rise of Nations.. wish the diplomacy was a bit better with the ai... they only except deals where they clearly benefit and are always so hypocritical. good game regardless tho.

Also playing NS2 beta! lots of fun if you get a good game without someone spamming turrets or hydras which causes the servers to lag. I miss the old corridors from ns1 however, seems to be alot of rooms now. Editor is sweet and pretty easy to pick up which is super nice. Cant wait to see more of your work Dux.

I'm playing New Vegas atm as well, i find it a lot more fallout-y than Fo3 was.

Playing it as well, and I agree. While the graphics are rather crude in some areas, I don't think it is as bad as everyone says... There are some really quite pretty areas, it is more colorful and varied than Fo3. I'm also finding the difficulty curve a little more steady, in Fo3 it was somewhat hard until like level 6 or 7, then it was a cakewalk. Even deathclaw encounters towards the end were no issue - the first few you saw were a bit of a handful, but maxed out level and armor, not even a concern. Right now in NV I have maxed out level, some very good weaponry, and *almost* the best armor, and deathclaws still inspire fear. They are in huge packs and the AI seems much smarter. Take off a deathclaw's head and four others nearby will run over to the corpse and then start lookin for you... and they'll find you.

And those fucking wasps, those guys suck. I'm glad I'm not in hardcore mode because Rex makes a great poison sponge, he runs out and keeps them busy stinging him while Boone and I shoot their wings off. Then he spends the next 5 minutes repeatedly collapsing.

Haha yeah exactly @ difficulty curve. It seems quite more challanging than Fo3, combat and ai seems better as well. I'm actually playing on hardcore+medium and indeed when there is stuff like Deathclaws or whatever other critter coming its pretty terryfing :S Most of them outrun you quite bad (you die).