- slow down mod production

- rename mod to "nightwatch"

- never release

-become sentura

-accomplish nothing

-commit suicide

-mapcore rejoices

pretty sure i've accomplished more than you, little man

Seriously, wag your dick somewhere else.

- slow down mod production

- rename mod to "nightwatch"

- never release

-become sentura

-accomplish nothing

-commit suicide

-mapcore rejoices

pretty sure i've accomplished more than you, little man

Seriously, wag your dick somewhere else.

don't ask and i won't tell

there's no reason to be a dick when i made a comment in jest. if you're really offended by that, i'm guessing things aren't looking rosy over at black mesa.

FFS. Stop it. :monocle:

the BM team will share whatever, whenever they want. even if they'd fail to do so, it's not up to us to start a personal flame war about it.

Any and all flaming will end now please. The alternative:

[attachment=0]3262010102500PM_Fist.jpg[/attachment]

Good to hear BM:S is still under development. It's a shame that it no longer has the graphical wow factor because unfortunately I've been completely spoiled by newer engines, but I'm sure I'll love experiencing HL1 in a way that's enjoyable for the eyes (unlike the original which sits on the wrong side of the 'too primitive-looking to enjoy' line IMO). :-D

My retort was a jest as well. Irony? :nag:

Your suicide reference was just hilarious

agreed. i mean, turning a reference to a failed project into a personal attack? i'm pissing myself laughing. tasteless humor doesn't get better than that!!

My retort was a jest as well. Irony? :nag:

Your suicide reference was just hilarious

agreed. i mean, turning a reference to a failed project into a personal attack? i'm pissing myself laughing. tasteless humor doesn't get better than that!!

Thrik was very clear: this argument is over.

Banned for 1 day.

FFS. Stop it. :monocle:

the BM team will share whatever, whenever they want. even if they'd fail to do so, it's not up to us to start a personal flame war about it.

Nah man. It is totally in our interest to release as good a product as soon as we can. We are very passionate about this project and want to get it out so we can reap the benefits of releasing something we have been working on for 6 years. I mean damn thats a long time.

But in all seriousness, I can tell you we are close.

Good lord I cannot wait to post all my work I have done in the past 6 years here. Its going to feel like a warm buttery orgasm.

Any and all flaming will end now please. The alternative:

[attachment=0]3262010102500PM_Fist.jpg[/attachment]

Good to hear BM:S is still under development. It's a shame that it no longer has the graphical wow factor because unfortunately I've been completely spoiled by newer engines, but I'm sure I'll love experiencing HL1 in a way that's enjoyable for the eyes (unlike the original which sits on the wrong side of the 'too primitive-looking to enjoy' line IMO). :-D

A better image would have been this:

BANHAMMER.png

:P

But really. We have a lot of fans who havent even played the original and are waiting for black mesa to experience it.

We have a lot of fans who havent even played the original and are waiting for black mesa to experience it.

That's kind of terrible. :/ Half-life 1 is hardly unplayable, and it gives you access to some of the greatest mods in history... Makes me sad that people would reject it just because a fan remake is promised at some unspecified point in the future.

To be honest if I hadn't played it before I wouldn't touch HL1 in this day and age. It was amazing in its day, but it does truly look like ass now. I couldn't possibly criticise someone who missed HL1 for not wanting to go back to it, however I thoroughly encourage them to pick up BM:S assuming it does the game justice.

Kind of like Metal Gear Solid. Absolutely legendary game, but I just can't handle playing a game where the characters' entire faces are like one polygon and the individual pixels of the textures are a square inch big — and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either. I'd say forget about it suggest people pick up the remake for the GameCube and/or hang on for its hopeful re-release on PSN, because playing such a badly aged original would probably sully their opinion of the game.

yeaps most people move on, standards change. Unless a game has the nostalgia value (you played it 10 years ago and loved it) I tried deus ex recently and just couldn't get past the first mission ;P

MGS1 would be hard to play due to antiquated controls and the weird issues 3d PS1 games had with jumpy warping surfaces but I just don't understand finding the game unplayable simply due to it being low res. I've been playing SE4 lately, and a friend of mine is trying to get me to start a project to remake it/make a game inspired by it. Not because oh it's terrible how it's all low res sprites in an 800x600 game, but because its multiplayer was made back before we discovered whatever magic lets us play multiplayer games without having issues due to ports, IPs, and firewalls, and its play by email feature closes the game after every turn you take, making using dropbox to share the save back and forth a pain in the ass.

Meanwhile, Half-life 1 controls just like any other FPS that's been released in the last nearly 15 years since Quake. WASD, mouse movement, left mouse to shoot, space to jump. It doesn't even look that bad IMO, it's not like it's going for photorealism, 99% of what you see are aliens. The Thief games look relatively equal in graphics to HL1, do you guys also consider those unplayable? Because I consider them still peerless in what kind of thing they do. >_>

Hey JP, I got to play the beginning of BM:S when I was wisiting warby last year in february. Did you work on any of the earlier levels?

The whole older games being unplayable thing is pretty hollow. Basically after the first 15 minutes visuals are almost meaningless. I'm yet to truly experience this phenomena. If I stop playing an old game it's because I run the fucker through my mind a dozen times and get bored before I even really start.

I can still load up Doom, or Deus Ex, or Thief, or Quake 2, or Yoshi's Island and still have a blast.

All that's really changed is we tolerate thing's less and less as time goes on.