Skjalg

Black Mesa Source

That's fine, this is one of the less alien parts of Xen. You should see what comes before this screenshot area, haha.

Some parts are very grounded and earthy, others are very alien. We're saving the really juicy stuff for later.

Intrigued.

2 hours ago, dux said:

Very cool pic but it doesn't look particularly Xen like

This pic is actually of a completely original location - we are saving the really organic and juicy strange shit for later :D 

Also dont worry we arent throwing the original completely out, there will be loads of visually recognizable parts.

38 minutes ago, D3ads said:

Is that Combine structures I see?

idk is it?! :P

35 minutes ago, JeanPaul said:

This pic is actually of a completely original location - we are saving the really organic and juicy strange shit for later :D 

Also dont worry we arent throwing the original completely out, there will be loads of visually recognizable parts.

idk is it?! :P

any eta for release? I'm about to hit that magical limit where I have to replay HL1 again. Or I guess in this case Black Mesa

1 hour ago, Sentura said:

any eta for release? I'm about to hit that magical limit where I have to replay HL1 again. Or I guess in this case Black Mesa

Same!

2 hours ago, Sentura said:

any eta for release?...Black Mesa

realtalk, I can't fucking believe this discussion is still happening. Like, life is a cruel sort of torture in a way.

ETA ON BLACK MESA.....                   IT'S ALMOST 2017 

3 hours ago, blackdog said:

Not to spit on the good work, but when I saw it on twitter i thought it was a leak of some new HL stuff from Valve :(

Hey you thought our work was Valve's, I take that as a compliment :D

58 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

realtalk, I can't fucking believe this discussion is still happening. Like, life is a cruel sort of torture in a way.

ETA ON BLACK MESA.....                   IT'S ALMOST 2017 

Its a lot of work dawg!

I mean even getting the game from mod to steam release was an incredible amount of code. Almost disturbing how much actually.

Our official statment for release atm is summer 2017. We are definitely pushing all out to keep it that timeframe.