Skjalg

Black Mesa Source

I just read on kotaku that the old Golden eye mod just got released, congrats to them. But that made me think of Black Mesa: Source.

Is black mesa dying?

I mean, look at the time line: http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Time_Line

In one year all that happened was that they ceased coop development and they did an interview. I know they're not doing the release early, release often thing. But come on...

You could at least polish up the first quarter of the game and release that. Right? I got to play some of the game in back in february and loads of what I saw only needed a little polish before it could be released. And thats almost a year ago. I know, I know. You guys are doing this in your spare time and things take time. But maybe you guys should focus on just getting some of it out?

Or maybe I'm just beeing paranoid.

Do any mapcorians work on this? Do you guys know what is up?

Discuss.

Nightwatch 2.

In all honesty though, I think pretty much everyone has stopped caring about it. If it pops up one day, then cool I'll definitely play it. But if it doesn't meh.

When I left a couple of years ago, it was quite far through development. It is going to be pretty damn awesome, but I think they're really taking it slow on Xen..

I think JeanPaul is still on the team. Least it still says it in his signature :) Perhaps he'll drop by with a status update! :v

They're still working on it. A lot of it is very far along.

So give them a chance... or not. It's not like they owe anyone any explanation.

This. A few of the devs have dropped by on the moddb page recently, but it's mostly a troll fest full of karma whores.

All the latest media and bits and pieces are posted here;

http://wiki.blackmesasource.com/Special:NewFiles

Test_gargantua0000.jpg

Seems pretty messed up to be demanding updates and releases from a team that you're not paying to recreate an old favorite.

Definitely, some fans are crazy demanding.

I can wait :)

let me clarify. I'm in no way demanding updates, I'm just worried. Worried that this is another Nightwatch. I remember people saying they were working on NW and it was going to be finished up until the day they werent and NW was just shot down.

So I just want to know, are you? Are you nearing completion, in all honesty? or are you thinking that this is another 5 years in the making at the current speed? And if so, dont you think you should probably gather up the team and discuss other options. Like releasing episodically (HL was divided into chapters, so this fits) instead of trying to polish a 10 hour long game in one go?

I mean think about it, if you release each chapter on its own you'd get that super boost of team morale where work would get done so quickly each time you released and each time you'd most likely get enough work done to release the next iteration, and before you know it you've released the whole thing.

And you'd love the whole experience :) Just my 2cc.

I'm not complaining that its taking too long, I just dont want to see the whole mod die ^^ But if I'm alone in all this, then I guess all my worry is for naught :) But if I'm right, then my hope was that this thread might act as a wake up call.