Sign in to follow this  
┌HP┘

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Boring forest is boring.

I'm sure the artists all are talented and can make great assets, but where the hell is the art director, people that look over the overall composition 'n stuff? Isn't it supposed to look lush and beautiful? That does not look like a jaw dropping environment at all. Perhaps they're just not showing the right pictures.

If it didn't have the name Elder Scrolls slapped on it or I wouldn't have seen gameplay vids and know that the world is gigantic and all... I would definitely not be interested. Exploration is sort of unrewarding if there's nothing to discover.

Still can't wait though, hoping it to be the next big thing after Oblivion since I liked that a lot.

Well, the screens aren't the best to begin with, but even the vids they've shown are not jaw-dropping until you account for the scale and scope. They can't go all-out with the graphics for obvious reasons.

And when it comes to the tone and feel, I think they've nailed it pretty well. It's supposed to look cold and harsh. When you say "beautiful and lush" I think of FarCry 1/3 style environments. You live in Sweden bro, you know how it really is :P

Can't wait tbh!!!

And when it comes to the tone and feel, I think they've nailed it pretty well. It's supposed to look cold and harsh. When you say "beautiful and lush" I think of FarCry 1/3 style environments. You live in Sweden bro, you know how it really is :P

Can't wait tbh!!!

Well... I'm kind of a fantasy sucker so take what I say with a pinch of salt :sad: Time will tell!

If scale and scope is what you're going for, then show screenshots that highlight that. These screens are simply horrid. If someone with no prior knowledge of the game gets that as a first impression, he's likely to walk away...

I agree with the comments regarding lack of art direction, in some of the media I've seen, it appears as it lacks the work of someone behind it with a stylized vision on how the game should look like to make it look unique, resulting in a somewhat generic visual; but really I would rather play a game like this than a blorange fest! Because that's what this new gen of art directors are doing both in games and movies, so don't complaint!

I would rather play a game, or watch a movie and actually see the original color of the materials and it's fidelity, than see it smeared with a color filter. (Hence my hate for color grading)

It's one of the things that annoys me these days in hollywood is the fucking blorange filters they put in the movies, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdmupNxobP0, you only see blue, orange or both mixed toghether, that is NOT art direction.

Then again, the two screenshots on the previous post look pretty good.