The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Just got a crazy beefy new gaming rig and started playing Skyrim. It looks amazing and loads like lightning compared to playing it on the PS3. Unfortunately, it loves to randomly lock up my computer every 5-30 minutes of play. Pretty frustrating. Every other game performs perfectly and the temps / memory on my computer all test out ok. Hopefully 1.4 will fix this for me, I haven't had a chance to try out the beta patch on steam yet.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I recently got the Legendary Edition of Skyrim for the 360, having never played the game before. It comes with all the DLC so that's cool, means I get an even richer first-time experience I guess.

Still bumming the shit out of this game. I've only just met the woman with the secret room yet I've poured countless time into side-quests and DLC. This game is not good for someone with OCD. Out

Just got a crazy beefy new gaming rig and started playing Skyrim. It looks amazing and loads like lightning compared to playing it on the PS3. Unfortunately, it loves to randomly lock up my computer every 5-30 minutes of play. Pretty frustrating. Every other game performs perfectly and the temps / memory on my computer all test out ok. Hopefully 1.4 will fix this for me, I haven't had a chance to try out the beta patch on steam yet.

The beta patch really does make a world of difference, definitely grab it when you can

I was getting odd cases where the game would stutter when loading a new area then everything would be a fluid 60FPS.

After I grabbed the 1.4 beta patch everything is smooth as silk the game never drops below 60FPS at 2560x1600. And I don't even have that great of a PC.

2600k, 16gig of ram and 2x 560TI in SLI

:( then whats the point

Well it's just like life right.

If you spent 8 yrs of 80yrs alive (8 of your 80 levels) washing dishes, your skills would be incredible but now that you are legal to drive, smoke, drinks and have sex you have none of those skills in life, so it's all about balancing.

What I like to do is get a dish washer in my motor home and have my gf blowing me while I'm having a cigarette and a drink while driving. That way I will level up everything equally.

:eng101::eng101:

:( then whats the point

Well it's just like life right.

If you spent 8 yrs of 80yrs alive (8 of your 80 levels) washing dishes, your skills would be incredible but now that you are legal to drive, smoke, drinks and have sex you have none of those skills in life, so it's all about balancing.

What I like to do is get a dish washer in my motor home and have my gf blowing me while I'm having a cigarette and a drink while driving. That way I will level up everything equally.

:eng101::eng101:

Or you could pay experts throughout the world to level up your other skills :P

• 2 weeks later...