The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

┌HP┘

• 2 weeks later...

They are good one in the top 100 of skyrimnexus ! :)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/top/

I use also some HD pack :

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=607 | HD Global texture pack

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4387 | TESV Acceleration Layer (which improve a lot the performances !)

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=141 | Improved flora texture

I don't have tested yet this one which replace the UI : http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863

Been pretty good so far, most of the issues I have from UI and UX. This is even with SkyUI installed (maybe part of the issue?). I'm not one to usually say this but it feels like very much a shoddy PC port.

- Why does left click assign right hand ability and vice versa?

- Why do I click-drag to move in local map and WASD to move in the global map?

- Why is the dialogue selection so fucked up? Sometimes it selects the option the mouse is over, sometimes it selects what is highlighted... also sometimes [enter] will skip dialogue, other times only left click will skip

- Could really use mod that tells whether a book has been read and/or provides skill increase (I just got a mod that tells if it does skill increase, part way there...)

- Why is [enter] a confirm button? Could they have picked a button further from WASD?

- The fuckery of swapping what R and E do in the game is pretty annoying

+ I got the detailed maps mod that shows roads, actually gives tons more depth to the world and made it seem larger.

I was also looking forward to playing as unarmed guy punching the shit out of everyone, pretty disappointing to see that isn't even an option anymore (well you can- it seems to work the same way, but it is not a perk so you will never level up from doing it). Edit: I do see there is at least one perk related to this so I will go back to unarmed again. Also using a 360 controller instead of keyboard now, this is much much better than before.

i am sooooo late to the party, but i am glad i finally bought this game, it's so good.

one thing, though: there are foxes watching me, constantly. even during boss fights, i'll run for cover behind a boulder, and i'll see a fox off in the distance watching me from behind a tree. sometimes when i attempt to chase them down they lead me to interesting things, like ore veins, abandoned encampments, forgotten treasure chests that must've fallen off a caravan years ago... things like that.

still, though, playing through the entire game with the knowledge that there is a fox out there somewhere watching me is a little creepy.

does this happen to anyone else, or is the game mad at me for naming my character Dickbutt?

The fox is actually a live camera feed to entire halls full of China men who are "in real time" adjustments to the gameplay experience uniquely for every customer.
POTY because i'm at work and did one of those BWUHHH laughs

also, that explanation makes a lot of things make a lot more sense, especially why steam is required to play

I'm level 20 and have lost a lot of interest in the game. I'm not finding it as fun as everyone else :sad:

12 for me. Oh man, I'm a terrible human being.

Can't figure out why I played through Fallout 3 almost twice but can't manage more than a few levels with this. Probably guns.

I think the world in Fallout 3 was more engaging. I've only played 2 hours or so of Skyrim but every character speaks absolute fantasy herpiderp and the landscape is an eye-sore when viewed from a bit of a distance. It's always met with /careface.

Now Fallout... the world seemed more interesting somehow and the writing was just plain better imho. Maybe the guns helped... don't know. :P