The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

-HP-

In the Elder Scrolls "Novels" that have come out since Oblivion they've totally fucked up most of Tamriel, including wiping Morrowind and Black Marsh off the map. If they keep that tone going with the game than maybe this could be interesting, but the whole "direct sequel to Oblivion" thing has me worried, since Oblivion's plot was stupid, and the game contradicted the series lore about how Cyrodil was supposed to be. It was supposed to be a cool roman jungle sort of deal, gigantic, full of old ruins and shimmering golden cities. Instead it was generic fantasy place.

At least the setting of Skyrim has promise to avoid one of Oblivion's biggest faults, of making the world look small by having it all visible. With Morrowind, even with distant lands from mods, the world looks gigantic because of the big mountain in the middle cutting off your view.

Aye, even though Oblivion and Morrowind (the only games of the series that I've really played) definitely weren't perfect games, then they provide a feeling of exploration and immersion that is very unique. Can't wait to see what this is gonna be like, especially if they've got themselves a new engine :)

Oh and it's coming out on my birthday, weeeee! :D