Chimeray

[Mirror's Edge] "Overtime"

":a5oys2rp]I doubt Lightmass is better than The Beäst

Don't hate on Lightmass. It's pretty amazing. I'm sure CE3's GI beats it since it's in real time though.

":27t94vlp]I doubt Lightmass is better than The Beäst

Don't hate on Lightmass. It's pretty amazing. I'm sure CE3's GI beats it since it's in real time though.

CE3 GI is one bounce only tho (Can I even talk about this? :?), whereas on Lightmass or The Beast, you can render various light bounces, having realistic color bleeding throughout your environments. But their not realtime, of course.

Some cool stuff in there, I liked the zipline into chimey on pipe transition. Also the end was a nice touch :)

Lighting was a let down in some areas though, very dark at times. But it's nice to see you got most of the

game play stuff to work, now you can build your own Mirror's Edge SP add-on! :)

The only 2 crits i would give from watching the walkthrough.

From the start of the level its great if you can see your goal or atleast a landmark that you can see from everywhere. I know a lot of games don't do this and sometimes the environment doesn't allow for this, but it is a great way of directing the player. Starting the player on a tall building with a nice slopped glass roof to slide down or a zip line would be pretty good.

For the inside of the building I think I would find the way, but it seemed slightly confusing and could be again slightly better directed.

Other than that they look great.

All fair and to the point crits guys, thanks! Will help a lot in my next projects or when I find time to tweak some of the stuff.

":1ys1ilct]DICE needs to make ME2! :(

Yeah! :(

Is it only me or were you guys awed by the level design in ME as well? Just put aside the shiny graphics everyone talks about for a moment and just think about what you had to do in ME itself... I thought it was amazing and clever! No one ever talks about that, so I'm just wondering...

":2gieepjz]
":2gieepjz]I doubt Lightmass is better than The Beäst

CE3 GI is one bounce only tho (Can I even talk about this? :?), whereas on Lightmass or The Beast, you can render various light bounces, having realistic color bleeding throughout your environments. But their not realtime, of course.

I have actually done some evaluation between the two and they are pretty much comparable. There is no obvious difference in quality or feature set.

you compared what? CE3 and UDK or UDK and Beast? And on what reference (as Beast nor CE3 are public availble)

I meant Beast and lightmass (UDK).

Beast is available in Unity 3.0 which i currently own a license to. I didn't make a super-scientific-programmer evaluation of them though, i just played around a bit, but i think they are pretty comparable, but i guess it depends on the implementation as well. Ah fuck it :P