Sign in to follow this  
Bunglo

New Monitor

I have two HP ZR24w at work, which I can flip on the side.

Only problem is that the version of CITRIX we use doesnt work with 2x24" and it crashes my pc if I try to move a CITRIX window onto my 2nd monitor.

Ive heard that 22" + 24" works tho, weird...

Skjalg: what do you think of them? I'm tempted to buy one, but I've heard that the black depth is poor unless you set the contrast to 100% and them use a hardware calibrator. I can probably borrow a calibrator from work, but it's hassle :)

Skjalg: what do you think of them? I'm tempted to buy one, but I've heard that the black depth is poor unless you set the contrast to 100% and them use a hardware calibrator. I can probably borrow a calibrator from work, but it's hassle :)

I only use them in visual studio and browsing mapcore/read mail. Everything else is banned, so its hard for me to test the thoroughly, but if I fill up mspaint with a black picture, then it looks really black. I'm loving the flip on the side functionality too, but I guess you can do that with every monitor.

One thing a lot of people miss (myself included) is make sure the monitor has an up and down swivel that you can adjust. I got an old Samsung Syncmaster that's set up for a very specific viewing angle with no up/down swivel (read: not looking up at it) and the brightness has never looked quite right ever since I had to switch to a desk that has it sitting higher than my head.

Lol I just randomly found that pic looking for my monitor (samsung 305t). Oddly enough I do have the same chair and keyboard though. :interseting:

I have 2 22" samsungs on ergotron arms on either side of the 30". I have no pics here but when I get back home I'll upload