[HP]

The Walking Dead

5 hours ago, blackdog said:

I spoiled for myself that character death reading your spoilers @Beck –haven’t seen ep4– but exactly my thoughts on everything.

Before this season begun I caught up with Fear The Walking Dead Season 2 … I felt that started all over the place, and was nothing like TWD. I think FTWD got better throughout the season, hopefully TWD will do so, but I’ve really little hope with a start like this.

If they want to keep going they should consider shortening the seasons to like 13-15 episodes, like its been said Marvel-Netflix shows should do.

Z-Nation , at first I was little bit sceptic about it, I thought one more knock off, but I liked 1st seazon and every season they managed to get better, dunno about 4th yet.

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 6:07 PM, kleinluka said:

The season finale was pretty awesome in my opinion. Looking forward to the next season!

Oh I forgot to post after finishing.
Yeah I enjoyed the last and the buildup as well.

Fear TWD S3 is available on Amazon Prime so I'm catching up on that now.

I wonder if the helicopter spotted in TWD connects to FTWD, as per S2 there. Anyway is a lead that I'm very interesting to know if goes anywhere, Jadis seemed to be waiting for them.

Also I've seen on IMDB that Morgan is going to FTWD, but I'm quite annoyed that there were no hints of that happening in TWD... dunno if they have that in FTWD later in the season.

Just wanted to say I caught up with Fear The Walking Dead already two weeks back, and I enjoyed it more than TWD. I think is because this season was centered arout the social aspect, there was more "community" feeling,  whereas in TWD, despite the abundance of secondary characters and groups, it feels they are a background for the main. I mean to me felt like FTWD problems where everybody's, and in TWD they are Rick's

22 hours ago, blackdog said:

Just wanted to say I caught up with Fear The Walking Dead already two weeks back, and I enjoyed it more than TWD. I think is because this season was centered arout the social aspect, there was more "community" feeling,  whereas in TWD, despite the abundance of secondary characters and groups, it feels they are a background for the main. I mean to me felt like FTWD problems where everybody's, and in TWD they are Rick's

Stopped watching FTWD last season. Haven't watched TWD for two or three seasons. It got to a point where the writing just became plain terrible; also ninja zombies.. 

17 minutes ago, Radu said:

Stopped watching FTWD last season. Haven't watched TWD for two or three seasons. It got to a point where the writing just became plain terrible; also ninja zombies.. 

Sorry, I meant S3 of FTWD! I only watch on streaming services so stuff arrives late.

I don't remember ninja zombies? :? But yeah, TWD has been going down. I think second half of S8 was slightly better but still.

Guess eventually now is the end of a bug arc/cycle if people want to stop watching without feeling they are missing out.

I know was in the air for Maggie/Lauren to leave (I sometimes watch Emergency Awesome YT videos), even that she might not be in the new season at all… despite the finale set her up for a potentially big arc that could easily get her killed.

But Rick/Lincoln is very unexpected. I mean it’s been ages and I guess actors have enough themselves, but I would have imagined him doing a full season. In his case, considering how things have gone for him in the second half, it’s easy to make him walk away, suggest he’s a loner or something. Although I wonder if/how this will affect Michonne’s role.

Or how will affect Neegan/Dean Morgan. I would have not expected him to make it out of last season in the first place, but the way it’s set up, he was there to stay.

But was clear they would need to “clear house” at some point, considering the AMC heads “threatened” to continue for 50 more years of TWD content :D

ComicCon is ongoing so trailers for everything are dropping. Season 9 trailer is here and is extremely long, feels like there could be material from the whole season, and generally that with all this faction confrontation the pacing could be faster than last 2 seasons:

I don't understand why there's not an official AMC trailer out...

Anyway most people are now critical towards the show, I have my complaints as well, but also too curious to see what happens so will watch this once again. Also there have been rumours of Lincoln/Rick and Cohen/Maggie are leaving the show halfway through/will be present only in a third of the episodes this season, and regarding Lincoln has been confirmed by Kirkman, so I can at least get to the end of S9 and consider it a wrap for me eventually.

~

Also a trailer for second half of Fear the Walking Dead was released. episodes coming early August:

I'm waiting for the whole season to become available on Prime Video and catch up. S1 was a bit bland, S2 all over the place (imo) but S3 was made more consistent. I'm just wondering if they can make all these characters work in S4, there's lots of new characters and feels like they are propping FTWD to compensate for TWD, and maybe just dipping their feet to see what people like the most and eventually revolutionise around a new group of characters... I mean they got some bigger names/very known TV faces for S4.

Edited by blackdog

AMC keeps their word on the threats of future content, and announces a new show (the third) based in the TWD universe. Will focus on young survivors that have been born and raised during the apocalypse 

https://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2019/04/08/walking-dead-third-new-series-spinoff-young-female-characters-cast-matt-negrete-scott-gimple