Now playing 2010

D3ads

We haven't had a NP thread this year, so once again it's time for me to open a new one!

Currently playing Resistance: Fall Of Man. First and foremost, this game has the best glass effects I've seen! The way it breaks, the cracks that appear on the surfaces of windows.. it looks realistic! The game itself is pretty run of the mill so far, run and gun, occasionally fighting bosses and pressing the odd button to open a gate, kinda overrated compared to reviews imho. Graphically it's pretty mixed, as a PS3 launch title it's dated a little, some horrible textures and everything either looks grey, green or blue.. which makes the game almost depressing to play at times, but there's a lot of care put into it and some of the detail is insane. Some fucking awesome weapons in there to play with, especially like the Auger and Hedgehog mines!

The campaign set in Nottingham (my hometown) is fucking lol, especially the bridge at the beginning... there is so such thing here! The only thing that I recognised was the council house! I also lolled at Grimsby section where the Chimera had set up a breeding centre in a Fish factory.. :lol: I had a lot of fun during the Cheddar Gorge bit, it really looked like it too, having been there several times.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently playing Top Spin 3, Puzzle Quest 2 and rFactor (F1 1985, 1988 and 1993 mods mostly). I think the only game that i finished this year was Killzone.

Next game that i want to play is Civilization 5.

Ultima Underworld

Nice. I don't get why such games get not released on NDS. It would be perfect. You should also check out Arx Fatalis if you like UO. It's more or less the inofficial part 3 and i loved every bit of it despite the aged gfx. It's one of the most well designed rpg's and a text book on how to pack as much exciting gameplay as possible into a small space.