Bioshock Infinite (Spoiler free thread)

Mazy

Yeap, gamer OCD, also why I'm 15 hours in and still in Fink Manufacturing, taking my time having a blast man! :D This 1999 mode is really making me struggle now and then.

I'm a bit disapointed that you can only have two weapons in your inventory? :( Is this a 1999 mode thing only? If not, can't think of many reasons on why they would wanna do that, other that they wanted to make it more dificult and have just a single button to swap weapons. With that being said, it adds a certain level of interest, cos I'm always like "Mmmm, shit, what weapons should I use to progress forward, is it corridors? (shotgun) or open areas (carabin or sniper) so in a weird way it actually adds to the experience.

Also, so far the Vigors are more or less the same as Bioshock1, only now you have a secondary mode, which is awesome. (I havent seen telekinesis yet tho) Seems to me they decided to really make them count and have less vigors, but having really good ones to make sure people actually use them.

Just finished the game...

Partially I still have my jaw on the floor and I'm trying to figure out where all the pieces fit as well as contemplating if it is a good or a bad thing that I will probably never work on a game like this myself.

Very big thanks to everyone who made this game happen.

In no way is that an interesting read. I could point out all the details about how retarded this is, but its really not worth the time. Curse you for giving him a page view.

lulz, in 90% of that article i don't agree with him, but he got some points there you should consider tho (some of the coins placement can distract you - but this is silly again. I wanted to pick up that knife as well lol :D ). Still he (the author) is trying go get on public radar and this is not a bad way to do it - controversy and having his own different point of view. I have a feeling he was planning to make this anyways, just to be visible

I think it's an interesting point: there are a huge number of pickups everywhere, and it did distract me at a few points. It was weird to have coins floating around in the lighthouse, I kind of just wanted to concentrate on figuring out what was going on first without having to pick up coins. However, it also gives a reason to explore every nook and cranny, which I guess was what they were going for. The density of containers seems higher than earlier entries in the series. Of course, you don't have to pick up anything, but you'd probably have a shortage of coins and ammo.

Edited by SamCom

I think it's an interesting point: there are a huge number of pickups everywhere, and it did distract me at a few points.

Bioshock1 had way more loot scattered around I think, at least that's how I remember it. In this one, there's more boxes with loot on them and less little things to pick. Again, it might be my memory.