I'll be there. Been going every year since '05 :D

Some of the old Black Mesa crew is going to be there, too.

Sweet! This will be my first time. I'll PM you my info if you would like to meet up. You guys doing the BYOC for the tourney?

• 2 weeks later...

At the keynote session, John Carmack unveiled his port of the Idtech 5 engine to the iPhone. It was ridiculously good looking. In the tech demo, it literally looked like a lower-poly 360/PS3 game, but the textures looked like they were from a current generation console. And it ran at 60 FPS. To top it off, he had only been working on it over the course of 6 weeks in his spare time. Absolutely brilliant work.

Finally got to see his gift of gab, as he would start talking about something, go off on a series of tangents for an hour, and still manage to lead back into the original topic. The best thing I can compare it to is the Temple of Pandora from God of War 1, in conversation form. :lol:

id Software's next big shooter, Rage, built on its next big engine, id Tech 5, now has a ship date. Get ready to wait a little longer for Rage, for it won't be out until September 2011.

500x_rage_slide.jpg

No live stream of Rage. Fuck knows why.. But apparently they've shown the same level as the e3 trailer.

Obviously, there's a leak or two:

phpL7zrn6IMG_0003-W800.jpg

phpxfKHblIMG_0006-W800.jpg

Todd told everyone to turn off their phones and no videotaping.

They showed several different levels:

Wasteland on-foot area near the beginning

Wasteland in-car fighting area leading to Wellspring

Wellspring

Caves leading to the well under Wellspring

Dam

Dead City (last one pictured there)

":185wuax7]
id Software's next big shooter, Rage, built on its next big engine, id Tech 5, now has a ship date. Get ready to wait a little longer for Rage, for it won't be out until September 2011.

500x_rage_slide.jpg

No live stream of Rage. Fuck knows why.. But apparently they've shown the same level as the e3 trailer.

Obviously, there's a leak or two:

phpL7zrn6IMG_0003-W800.jpg

phpxfKHblIMG_0006-W800.jpg

They are really pushing that date back. It was supposed to come out this fall before E3 and then it was supposed to be something like feb 2010 and now september. Thats like a year of delay in 2 months.