Sign in to follow this  
CrazyMAC

Starcraft 2

On the latest Three Moves Ahead podcast they discuss and analyze Starcraft 2 and it's a really interesting discussion. I especially thought the part where they discussed how it seems that despite the streamlining SC2 still has some UI limitations that seem to be for the people who view SC2 as a sport that needs skill to play, not just strategy.

http://flashofsteel.com/index.php/2010/ ... hris-remo/

I can think of a number of UI things I wish I had in SP, like being able to organize a group into a formation, when dragging a selection box over units have it ignore workers like it ignores buildings, having buildings endlessly produce a unit based on a set time interval (eg Build marines endlessly- put ten seconds between the start and end building of each one), earlier warnings when you're about to run out of supply like the supply number turning red, etc. I'm a super noob when it comes to RTS: Like I said earlier, the two Starcrafts and Warzone 2100 are the only ones I've ever played. All of those listed things would help my game :P

Edit: Also when ordering a group with different types of units in it, the fast units hang back to stick with the slow units. In the lava level I kept ordering my combat group forward only for the marauders to leave my marines, firebats, and medics behind in their dust to go jumping over cliffs and jetpacking across the level.

Also also, default selection groups for each type of unit that newly built units are automatically added in.

Bump! At last, I have bought it last Tuesday and - I know, I'm all "late" and shit - I'm loving every single moment of the SP campaign. :shock: Haven't played a game that well design and written and so full of interesting details (in my opinion) in aaaages. I dig those dialogues, sequences and even the news reports so much that I got the "News Junkie" achievement, heh! Again, there hasn't been a game that has sucked me into it as much as SC2 does now for a long time.

If someone wants to add me to eventually pwn me online later on, I'm just Sindwiller.264 ;D

looks exactly like world-craft for warcraft 3? in that case scripting aint that hard for the small tasks. learning jazz (thats what the script language was called in warcraft days at least) is kinda complicated though. might just give the game a go for the editor :D