Starcraft 2

CrazyMAC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not getting it hated the beta ! :)

/edit i feel like i need to clarify this statement the blizzard artists etc are totally awesome and the game and its design are really great i bet

but i dont like games that are like arms races !

i played 3 or 4 matches online and it tried to automatically pit me against other dudes who played for the first time but THEY WERE KICKING MY ASS SO HARD itsn ot even funny ! even though they should have never played the game before.

so i figured thats because:

1) they make new fake accounts every once in a while to keep on whaling on the noobs

2) or they watched trillions of hours of live streams and tutorials before hand

3) or are just god like pro in sc1

either way it was 0 fun for me to be had here and if your first online experience on a multipalyer game is not instant gratification ... I AM DONE (and i think most people are)

(happend to me with other games too rise of legends, insurgency, gears of war, splinter cell spy vs merc, dark sector, firearms ( the old one ) ... one sucky match in the beginning ... DONE)

i am actively playing cnc zero hour and have been for years and i am totally in that groove where i can compete and win against pretty much everyone and i understand how this is GREAT FUN but i will never get there with starcraft2 because i am already behind on the arms race of skill !

I've already preordered and downloading it digitally as I type this =)

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmes ... _id=136390

not getting it hated the beta ! :)

/edit i feel like i need to clarify this statement the blizzard artists etc are totally awesome and the game and its design are really great i bet

but i dont like games that are like arms races !

i played 3 or 4 matches online and it tried to automatically pit me against other dudes who played for the first time but THEY WERE KICKING MY ASS SO HARD itsn ot even funny ! even though they should have never played the game before.

so i figured thats because:

1) they make new fake accounts every once in a while to keep on whaling on the noobs

2) or they watched trillions of hours of live streams and tutorials before hand

3) or are just god like pro in sc1

either way it was 0 fun for me to be had here and if your first online experience on a multipalyer game is not instant gratification ... I AM DONE (and i think most people are)

(happend to me with other games too rise of legends, insurgency, gears of war, splinter cell spy vs merc, dark sector, firearms ( the old one ) ... one sucky match in the beginning ... DONE)

i am actively playing cnc zero hour and have been for years and i am totally in that groove where i can compete and win against pretty much everyone and i understand how this is GREAT FUN but i will never get there with starcraft2 because i am already behind on the arms race of skill !

I understand you completely. It was a real pain in the ass to play multiplayer for me as well in the beginning.

but you forgot the real reason why they kicked your ass

4) bnet pitted you against someone with the same "hidden rating", but that was probably someone who has been playing the beta for the last 3 months. When the b.net servers restart, everyone became "nubs" again to the match-up-engine =) The whole restart-the-servers-once-a-week thing frustrated me because at the end I ended up only playing nubs all the time and it was boring as hell.

You should try out some 2v2 or 3v3, that way you will actually end up winning some even tho you dont really know what you're doing =)

I totally understand what you're saying Warby, we've talked a lot about your first experience in any online game being EXTREMELY important to keep you coming back, and that lots of really great games can get left out in the cold if you're just unlucky and get into an unbalanced match the first time you try it out.

Anyway, am I the only one that's actually getting the game to mainly play it in single player? Of course I'll get to the multiplayer eventually, but StarCraft has always been a single player game first for me.

BTW, I was kinda rusty on the StarCraft story, so I found this series of videos on Youtube of a guy that basically plays through the entire game but only focus on the story bits. Spent a few hours watching it the other day, didn't regret it.

I'll get it for sure, but not on release day since I have to get a new computer first. I played the beta on my laptop and running it on low settings does not do the game justice. Next paycheck = new computer and starcraft 2 !

Hmmm yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I've heard that it's possible to play it on the MBP I have with most things except shaders on medium, and still have it be completely playable in 2v2 and such matches. But like you said, probably wont do the game justice.

I totally understand what you're saying Warby, we've talked a lot about your first experience in any online game being EXTREMELY important to keep you coming back, and that lots of really great games can get left out in the cold if you're just unlucky and get into an unbalanced match the first time you try it out.

Anyway, am I the only one that's actually getting the game to mainly play it in single player? Of course I'll get to the multiplayer eventually, but StarCraft has always been a single player game first for me.

BTW, I was kinda rusty on the StarCraft story, so I found this series of videos on Youtube of a guy that basically plays through the entire game but only focus on the story bits. Spent a few hours watching it the other day, didn't regret it.

I don't do particularly well in RTS multiplayer matches in general, so I don't expect SC2 to be a different experience to me in that department. However I also do look forward to playing the sp campaign!