Mazy

Breaking Bad

Agree on pretty much everything d3ads, except that I found the final season the best in term of pacing and I liked its darkness.

Yeah, I felt so bad for Jesse… I think there's an idea of spinoff for him too, recently on IGN's Facebook they posted a "future for Jesse" article, which I haven't read because I was still in-progress with the show.

Started watching this. We're now at the beginning of season 3 but I'm unsure if I will finish it. The show is great, I understand the ratings but Skyler White is ruining it for me. I disliked her from the first episode and it only gets worse. She's such a hypocritical egocentric bitchy control freak. She really strikes a nerve with me. I checked IMDB and apparently she's in all episodes. God, I wish she died.

I liked breaking bad but overall I didn't think it was that great.

Often it was way to unrealistic for me. I don't want to go into detail cause i'm to tired and it doesn't really matter.

Let's say the show had some dips. I must say the first and last season was good. And in between it was like a sinus wave.

If you liked breaking bad I really recommend watching the wire and the sopranos if you haven't. And also generation kill which is a mini serie. 

Ye like you Clankiller, I have some reserves on the show, although i liked it a lot, there's stuff i liked more.

I don't intend to watch the sopranos, but The Wire definitely... I just read recently they have adapted it to widescreen so might wait for that version to be available.

Massive spoilers, only for those that have finished the show;

36 Times “Breaking Bad” Was The Cleverest Show On Television

Prepare to love this show even more than you already did.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/look-on-my-works-ye-mighty-and-despair?#.gu9Nwb30b

Mind. Blown. :whaaa:

Edited by D3ads

Ok, I'm now at episode 5 of season 4 but I'm still really struggling. The Walter, Jesse, Gustavo and Mike stuff is amazing. It's what keeps me watching. However, all those side characters are only distracting. I don't care about Marie, Skylar, his retarded son or even Hank's recovery. It just drags on. Everybody keeps telling me to hold on and continue but at this point I'm really glad just to be done with it.

It's kinda like Sin City. Marv is the coolest character and has the most impressive part of the movie. But because it's so good and the movie starts with it, it never really quite reaches that level again. Not that the rest is bad, it's not on the same level. It should have ended with Marv and go out with the bang but instead it climaxed too early. The same for Breaking Bad. Walter/Jesse's story line is where it's at and the rest just gets in the way.

Ok, I'm now at episode 5 of season 4 but I'm still really struggling. The Walter, Jesse, Gustavo and Mike stuff is amazing. It's what keeps me watching. However, all those side characters are only distracting. I don't care about Marie, Skylar, his retarded son or even Hank's recovery. It just drags on. Everybody keeps telling me to hold on and continue but at this point I'm really glad just to be done with it.

Well the last season is the best shit you will ever see in a TV series, so hold on to it, and all the even boring parts, have some sort of importance so try to watch it and keep track of all the shit is happening :) 

Anyone here watched the pilot episode of "Better Call Saul" yesterday?

Will probably get to it this weekend; heard good reviews about it and how it's on par with Breaking Bad (to be expected honestly with Odenkirk/Banks in the cast and Giligan at the helm)