[UDK] Oil Field

leviatan1001

That is looking really freaking sweet man.

If I was to try to find a crit I would say the terrain/displacements in the first shot are a little bubbly, like a source map that is conservative on the displacement subdivisions. It kind of tails off on the end and removes me from the overall immersion you've set in every other screenshot.

otherwise it looks pretty damn good, that faded powerline and oil fires are damn nice :mario:

The first 2-3 pics from the road scene looks like almost same as in the beginning of MW2 mission "Just Like Old Times".

Anyway, the oil fires with smoke looks so damn cool. I like the way the air looks so 'polluted' because of the burning oil. Only thing that looks odd is the light prop on top of tunnel, it looks too "fragile" to be there.

Good work on this, looking forward to see more of it. :)

Very nice environment composition. Very good placement of the assets, everything makes sense and blends in pretty nicely.

Although I get the feeling the first screenshots are a bit cluttered with shit, but it really depends on what your doing with this really, if it's for a good gameplay-flow map you might need to tidy it up, if it's just for art beauty, then it apears to be fine.

I know Im starting to sound like a broken record around mapcore, but where are the COLORS!? :( It's a shame to see such nice map being eaten away by such bland lighting and lack of life, what I see is Gears syndrome all over the place tbh, and I would like to see some originality from your part in that field! :)

Keep up.

":3hq7hkfz]I know Im starting to sound like a broken record around mapcore, but where are the COLORS!? :( It's a shame to see such nice map being eaten away by such bland lighting and lack of life, what I see is Gears syndrome all over the place tbh, and I would like to see some originality from your part in that field! :)

Keep up.

I actually like the desaturation in this one. Fits the mood/assets well.

Environment looks pretty sweet, only thing that kind of bothers me is the sand slope in the first pic. It looks very "game'ish". I don't think one would find sand with that kind of pattern on a slope. Make it a bit rocky, just like this:

3589206229_cc88336a0b.jpg?v=0

I also think you could have your sand material spawn little grass sprites here and there. Example:

Esc01_s130_FoldSandSlope.jpg

Very cool. One thing that i noticed is the rock in the first pic. It looks so organic as if it grew around the concrete parts and not the other way around. Shapes should be sharper imo.

The desaturation isn't bad in case of your map but it would look better if the fire still had strong red, orange and yellow colors. Should be possible if UDK has a good system for color correction. Have you seen Lessons in Darkness by Werner Herzog? Could be the perfect ref for your ambience.

Very cool. One thing that i noticed is the rock in the first pic. It looks so organic as if it grew around the concrete parts and not the other way around. Shapes should be sharper imo.

The desaturation isn't bad in case of your map but it would look better if the fire still had strong red, orange and yellow colors. Should be possible if UDK has a good system for color correction. Have you seen Lessons in Darkness by Werner Herzog? Could be the perfect ref for your ambience.

I agree with you. Ill try to make sculpted rocks. I have never tried it, im scared, hehe. Thank you

P.D Interesting CV ;) I have friends who worked in grin Barcelona

In Oil Field, players act as rivalling energy companies. They try to reach the newly built oil field first and thus get the lucrative deal with the oil company and win the game. The oil fires with smoke looks so damn cool. I like the way the air looks so 'polluted' because of the burning oil.