• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 2 hours, which was my first ever interview for a junior position. Which consisted of getting grilled by 5 - 6 guys on 'what if' questions that I had no real answer for. Second was about 40 minutes (travel time of 5 FUCKING HOURS just to GET THERE) to an hour by 2 guys that were much easier to converse with but very 'hello goodbye' in their approach. Honestly, the best interview I've ever had was with Charlie Cleveland of Natural Selection 2 where the actual interview lasted for like 10 minutes and wasn't really an interview at all and the other 40 minutes spent talking about the game. Development studios suck from my experience, indie all the way. They actually GET you.

eight hours (though the actual interview was about 90 minutes)... personally i'd rather do two or three days because essentially getting to know everyone and talking with them will show much more if you will be able to work there properly (in terms of technical knowledge and social integration).

anyway: new job for you?

So far the Black Rock one I had was an hour and a bit, just general Q&A and seemed about right. Had a 30 min phone interview this week also which was a bit weird, would have preferred a face to face but that would be the next step if I go any further with them. Then yesterday was this epic interview.

It consisted of:

- 1.5hr written "test" which I wasn't expecting and it was brand new to the company, guinea pig!

- ~1hr with HR department discussing stuff like lifestyle, relocation, pay etc

- 1.5hrs of show and tell with the Lead LD and Game Designer, showing work and Q&A etc

- 30mins of playing around with their project and studio tour

- 30 mins of meeting the senior design team in an informal sit down meeting just discussing random stuff like teabagging online.

- 30 mins of chatting with the Studio Boss about the company and pay again.

Was shattered after, even with free unlimited Vimto on tap.

8 hours? wtf? explain. did you get the job?

well it's still pending but it was about seeing all theyr pipeline and projects, getting to know everyone related to the projects and talking with everyone (not in a typical interview way but "give us some input on this and that and we see how you tick") and in the mid of that I got to a typical interview with questions on portfolio, past projects, point of views and stuff (stuff consisted on discussing if the boss fight in half-life looked like a giant baby with an open head).

My interviews was about 30-60 minutes long and that was only talking about stuff in resume. After the interview, in the same day I was working just like an ordinary employee. My first thought: "Damn, that was fast..." I don't know if it's typical to get employee right onto the job after interview? In Poland it might be tipical, when I was hired there was lack of level designers with portfolios...

a few hours at climax and bizarre creations, crytek was a different approach after the phone interview, was shown around the office/projects and play tested crysis warhead followed by lunch with some of the team members that I had yet to meet. So much fun I almost missed my flight back to the UK :ohhh:

So far the Black Rock one I had was an hour and a bit, just general Q&A and seemed about right. Had a 30 min phone interview this week also which was a bit weird, would have preferred a face to face but that would be the next step if I go any further with them. Then yesterday was this epic interview.

It consisted of:

- 1.5hr written "test" which I wasn't expecting and it was brand new to the company, guinea pig!

- ~1hr with HR department discussing stuff like lifestyle, relocation, pay etc

- 1.5hrs of show and tell with the Lead LD and Game Designer, showing work and Q&A etc

- 30mins of playing around with their project and studio tour

- 30 mins of meeting the senior design team in an informal sit down meeting just discussing random stuff like teabagging online.

- 30 mins of chatting with the Studio Boss about the company and pay again.

Was shattered after, even with free unlimited Vimto on tap.

What the jesus. Who is this company?

Man, that's alot of stuff man. I'm glad I didn't been through all that during my interview here at Crytek!

But yeah, when I came here it was basically the whole day chatting with people have a look at the project I was going to work on and that's it really, a day like that goes by in a split of a second! :D