Looking for a cheap point and shoot camera

Minos

http://www.digitalcamerareview.com/default.asp?newsID=3108

I use this cam. I'm very happy with it. And its in your price range.

Image quality is very good for a camera of this size. It has image stabilization which is very good for taking spontaneous snapshots and when light conditions are bad because most of your pictures will still turn out sharp.

Personally i don't like the picture quality of the small Ixus cameras. The tiny lenses are not that great. Thats why i decided for the bigger Powershot A-series. It's still a compact camera that fits in a jacket pocket but the bigger lense allows for much nicer and crisper pictures.

Really? I've looked at a few sample images of yours and the quality seemed no different to the old IXUS models. The new top ones create some stunning images, then again a stunning price of £200+

im with ginger, me and my dad have had probably 6 different evolutions of the digital elphs (what theyre called in ths us), or ixis cameras. they're great, tiny, and cheap. we both have underwater cases that we scuba dive with.

here are some examples, just take note that underwater shots never come out as good as normal shots. cloudiness, weird lighting, color loss and auto focus all change a lot.

http://oneradicalsite.com/bic/jam/page.html

i have an sd850is. i lost my first one so i bought another, used, on ebay for 100 shipped over a year ago. i got an 8gb sdhc card for like 12 dollars too.