I also wanted to know which editor wins :(

My theory: there was a post near the end, just before the deletion. This post was no ordinary post, oh, no! Posted by one so wise and near a level of game-developer-omnipotence most of us dare not dream! Posted in that special hour of the day when _all_ of us were away from the siren call of the core. In this post, The Unknown Poster provided rock solid proof; proof that made God himself turn and go "Hmm... how did I miss _that_?". Proof that one editor was truly superior than the other. Proof that would make believers and non-believers unite under the common banner of the One, True Editor.

But alas, for the first one to stumble upon the Post of Truth was none other than a moderator. Which one? Only the higher power of moderators and Lord of the Server Logs will know. This moderator saw the truth, and for the first time in his life, he _understood_ the truth! "This... this cannot be!" said the moderator! And swiftly, he deleted all traces of the One, True Post, forever lost to the Beast of Internet Past. The Truth, now known only by a select few, will be pondered by those very few. But soon, The Truth will be forgotten, even by those who once knew and rejected it, never to be known again, until one day, maybe, the Unknown Poster will return, and reveal the truth again.

haha

i always had this idea of making one UI interface for all development tools, then just make hugely customizable. that way you'd be able to run plugins for every editor out there within your preference instead of the editors preference. there'd be huge money in making something like this, so i'm just throwing it out there AND HOPING SOME PROGRAMMERS ARE LISTENING

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL this is a re-envisioning of the Lemmings game. Trailer made me laugh!  

It's a bit of a shame for people who want anothe rgame by Valve but there is no surprise in this. Mobile is a huge market today and a portal IP can make tons of money (look at how a Fallout one is pop

Are you joking? One size does not fit all. When you generalise to the extreme you end up with something that's flexible, but ultimately unwieldy to develop for and unsatisfying to use.

i'm saying it would be possible to create an interface that would map everything to a program, in addition to add custom data for elements such as viewports. i'm not talking about anything more than an interface.

actually, I think the IDE I use at work is pretty good, and its supposed to have support for every programming language (except c#).

I mean, it IS possible to make something awesome that fits for many games. Kind of like Quark tried to do :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another excuse to use those damned car props that get used everywhere :roll: Looks pretty cool... is that OB engine or yet another extra enhanced Source engine?

Source got upgrades with L4D1 and again with L4D2, though with 2 it was mostly performance stuff allowing more details in a scene rather than new features, except for the gore system which I don't think will be getting much play in Portal 2.