This game is damn near perfection and is also -the- example for how a sequel should be.

Agreein with this

Just finished solo player. Glorious, hilarious, beautifull, well made :-D

but easy and short :( (it's not that short but imagine if press write you will have for 8-10 h of portal and you just have half of it)

I took six hours JUST for coop, with SP being longer (both in feeling and how long it took me, started around 4PM the day after playing through coop and finished after midnight). Already partially replayed SP for dev commentary (they've spread out the comment nodes through the whole game, instead of piling them on in one area like their last couple games), and haven't even started looking for the neato hidden stuff that might be valuable, like "Hidden Transmission" or "Lost Experiment".

Not quite the same value I got out of actually multiplayer-focused Valve games like L4D2, but as far as story driven games goes, I can't think of any non-RPG released in the last few years that goes longer than Portal 2's combined campaigns.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL this is a re-envisioning of the Lemmings game. Trailer made me laugh!  

It's a bit of a shame for people who want anothe rgame by Valve but there is no surprise in this. Mobile is a huge market today and a portal IP can make tons of money (look at how a Fallout one is pop

Took me 9 hours on SP, looking around and figuring out puzzles, and I'm about 2/3rds through Coop after 3 hours in it. Plus I've already spent another 3 hours achievement hunting.

So that means I've already spent more time playing Portal 2 than all my gaming time in 2011 so far, combined. (besides ipod gaming)

I finished SP earlier, and just finished co-op in about 4.5hrs with a random German. i think it's the best game valve has ever made, i loved

the old aperture science spheres

and how even after however many hours it took, it never felt like you were doing the same things over and over.

also, how does co-op with other players work? we checked the hub afterwards, and we both had ticks next to each level, but if you play with someone else, can you only play levels both of you have already completed, or does only one player need to have them unlocked?

Cave Johnson here,

Just finished it. Took me 7 hours over several goes.

I'm in space.

I'm not sure what I liked most, the dialogue, music, sounds, lighting, design, pitch black humour...

In space.

And what CJ said, the whole stealing thing was great, gave me a wry smirk - you're a maverick like me, someone over at HR said I couldn't fire a man cause he was in a wheelchair, you know what? I fired him anyway, ramps are expensive.

Space.

The end song was fantastic and the ending sequence in general.I was kind of predicting it, though. Continuous game of the year for 5 years.

Finnished it, says 4.5 hours on my profile page but I guess their server has ben down for a while or someting because I think it took me around 7 hours.

Did some sightseeing as well just to see how they did things and looking at the animations on the screens around the elevators so it wasn't a rush playtrough,

I just had little trouble finnishing the puzzles and never had to give up and try again later with a fresh mind :-)

I think people who did not play the orriginal will have it a little bit tougher.

Humor was great , duration was shorter as I hoped for but the levels look amazing.

Just too bad I can't try out the coop.

I was missing the sound of footsteps, could hear them on glass tough.

I finished SP earlier, and just finished co-op in about 4.5hrs with a random German. i think it's the best game valve has ever made, i loved

the old aperture science spheres

and how even after however many hours it took, it never felt like you were doing the same things over and over.

also, how does co-op with other players work? we checked the hub afterwards, and we both had ticks next to each level, but if you play with someone else, can you only play levels both of you have already completed, or does only one player need to have them unlocked?

You can select whichever level you want once in the hub, whether one of two or both people have played them before. I'm doing my coop run with a friend in the US who had already gone through half of it himself before we started.