Sign in to follow this  
seir

Great places to visit

Haha, yeah, go visit my hometown! It's not at all buttugly and frigging grey all the time!

4211947146_4746aed523_o.jpg

795px-vue_brest_800x600_arm.jpg

I was there once actualy. I remember the harbor because there was a huge ass meeting of sailing ships, war ships etc. Not the most beautiful city in the Bretagne but i guess i have to blame my own countrymen for that. However the Bretagne overall is very beautiful. I liked it more then other parts of France, also the people seemed friendlier and less cocky towards non french speakers then in other parts of the country.

I was there once actualy. I remember the harbor because there was a huge ass meeting of sailing ships, war ships etc. Not the most beautiful city in the Bretagne but i guess i have to blame my own countrymen for that.

Yeah, it takes place every 4 years. Next one is "Brest 2012" I think.

the people seemed friendlier and less cocky towards non french speakers then in other parts of the country

french can be such bitches when it comes to foreigners, but bretagne's a bit cooler :)

Edinburgh is a lovely place to visit - a lot of history to enjoy and some beautiful views when the weather is good. But then, the weather is very often not so good :/ It's a nice compact city that is easy to explore on foot, and there are loads of nice little traditional bars to pop into. Once again this is a biased hometown suggestion, but that doesn't make it any less worthy of consideration :)

EdinburghLong.jpg

edinburgh-castle.jpg

ok I got time to spend on this right now, so this is going to be one long ass post.

I don't consider I have a hometown, but there are many spots I have lived in or visited and these are my favorite ones. I'll skip the obvious cities and capitals, you all know them already (Paris, London, Berlin, NYC, Frisco, DC etc)

Martinique: Lived there for 3 years as a child, would love to go back for a while. Fort de France is the obvious place most people live in, but I would recommend renting a bungalow somewhere by a beach in the south, near le Rocher du Diamant for instance

martinique_baie_de_fort_de_france.jpg

LaMartinique_1024X768.jpg

The Vosges mountains, France

vosges_brumes.jpg

Wasserfall-vosges.jpg

West Cornwall, Connecticut, The area I lived in when in the US. Some of the most calm enchanted places I have come across

340472427_7f71c2553e_o.jpg

IMG_3573.JPG

Estes Park, Colorado This is just the city you'll most likely stay in overnight, but it's the entrance to the eastern side of the Rockies National Park there, and I can promise you some of the most inspiring vistas you'll see in your life. Absolutely staggering.

cfiles45543.jpg

Nature_-_Colorado_Rockies__1_.JPG

Longs%20Peak,%20Rocky%20Mountain%20National%20Park,%20Colorado.jpg

Porto Alegre, Brasil A place very dear to me, I just recently came back from this place. It's not likely to be mentioned in most places to visit books you'll read. But once you're there, you will likely be deeply attached to the city and the region, with Uruguay and Argentina not far either

Cais_Mau%C3%A1_Porto_Alegre_2.jpg

Brique_da_Reden%C3%A7%C3%A3o.JPG

caminhos_rurais_poa_%28256%29.jpg

Annecy, France Very well known to any lover of the French Alps, Annecy is the last city before entering the very high mountains of the Alps. Perfect for an overnight stay when going skiing. Of course having one of the most beautiful lakes in Europe can't hurt.

annecy_lac_forclaz_1440.jpg

lac_annecy_port_sevrier_1440.jpg

jail_in_annecy1.jpg

1701155.jpg

Yellowstone National Park

Yellowstone%20Falls,%20Yellowstone%20National%20Park,%20Wyoming.jpg

Yellowstone%20Lake,%20Yellowstone%20National%20Park,%20Wyoming.jpg

yellowstone1.jpg

Bruges, Belgium

bruges.jpg

And last but definitely not least, the Pays Basque.

biarritz.pays.basque.jpg

jpg_pays-basque-moutons.jpg

Edinburgh is a lovely place to visit - a lot of history to enjoy and some beautiful views when the weather is good. But then, the weather is very often not so good :/ It's a nice compact city that is easy to explore on foot, and there are loads of nice little traditional bars to pop into. Once again this is a biased hometown suggestion, but that doesn't make it any less worthy of consideration :)

EdinburghLong.jpg

edinburgh-castle.jpg

I'd live there at the drop of a hat. Went there many years ago and loved it. I got to stand right next to the 1 o'clock gun, while all the suckers had to stand behind the line. And special access to the restricted areas of the castle. I gots me military connections 8)

its sad that hardly any games manage to catch the beauty of most of these places.

i sure would love to travel to norway and scotland - love the rocky landscapes.

Yeah I'm hoping in the next 10 years we'll see some visuals like these photos in games ... it's a shame the games that would suit massive environments like these are MMO's (since the traditional RPG is almost dead) and they really need to perform on really old hardware, who knows in 10 years maybe MMO's are more popular on Consoles :)

I'm going to be a little more realistic here :P

Bern(e), CH

abb_bern_brunnen_schuetzenbrunnen_01.jpg

Thessaloniki, GR (one of the most awesome cities in the world :quagmire: )

ekklisia_01.jpg

adis-albums-%C8%E5%F3%F3%E1%EB%EF%ED%DF%EA%E7-picture266-thessaloniki-day.jpg

Thessaloniki-02.jpg

Varna, BG (possibly the most awesome city in existance)

Varna-drama-theatre-ngruev.JPG

800px-Varna_Plage.JPG

Meteora, Thessalia, GR

Monastery_of_Agia_Triada_Meteora_Greece.jpg

Ohrid, MK

Ohrid_StJohn_Kaneo.jpg

are you fucking serious? who the hell wants to live on top of a pillar like that? christ that thing looks so steep i don't think you could drive a truck up it. what do they use for transport when they're doing grocery shopping? helicopters?

maybe safety. or it's a monastery and monks want some peace and quiet surroundings. maybe it's a fortress where they could spot the enemy early, who knows. only thing i'm sure of is that it's older than the invention of the truck :fap:

or it's a monastery and monks want some peace and quiet surroundings

Bingo.

For fuck's sake Sentura, think a little bit. :P Seriously though, the monasteries of Meteora are a pretty nice sight. :)