Sign in to follow this  
arhurt

Totally random concept/sketch thread

damn, that first one is pretty nice. as in the one before the nun? it seems like a photo that has been manipulated, well done if you did that by hand.

Paint 1 : just 2 textures that I added : one for the metal structure in the middle plane, the second for the ground to make little gravels, only photoshop for the rest (with good brushs).

Paint 2 : full photoshop.

Thank you anyway !

Don't know where you can add random finds, anyhow:

Check out the artwork for the 25th Aniversary of Zelda:

The making off vid is very interesting and actually more impressive to watch than the actual image imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1mhfHklIRQ&feature=player_embedded

097c6138c3f927c0cba5d751a1a4c484.jpg

more: http://blog.anselmo.gd/?p=1111

During the last days I've been playing with concept arts for the main character of the game I'm developing. Take a look and please let me know what you think (which concept you think is more visually interesting, charismatic, etc), ok? :)

The eyes are supposed to be evident because the game is a puzzle game based on visual perception... I plan to use some of these isolated eyes below for feedback on successes/ failures during gameplay, as well to convey minimal emotions:

character_concepts_130524.jpg

To have a better idea about the general game feel, the following image is one of the game's environments:

env_test_cloud_1000.jpg

Any thoughts/ feedbacks?

Thanks in advance!

Edited: numbered each concept to ease the identification

Edited by Al Anselmo~Intelect0

nice thread, i should share some of my stuff i´ve made on my 2g iPad with Sketchbook Pro

first off a Ns2 themed painting i did when i was travelling in Japan and Australia in autumn last year.

B69BDD6B-9D93-47C1-A35E-D33BE9CF244C-1570-00000665D8659AD8.jpg

@Anselmo, i like Nr 6 and 7 (from left) most in row 4 (from above) the floating eye works really well for me.

and the bearded eye-guy in random crap really reminds me of this guy, would look awesome with a spike-helmet ^^

bismarck.jpg

Edited by Tschoppo

@Anselmo, i like Nr 6 and 7 (from left) most in row 4 (from above) the floating eye works really well for me.

and the bearded eye-guy in random crap really reminds me of this guy, would look awesome with a spike-helmet ^^

bismarck.jpg

Really nice painting, especially considering you did in an iPad! o_o

Hahaha what a funny reference! I'll create a version with the spike-helmet just for fun ;D

I edited that post to add a version with each concept being numbered (I should've done that before, shame on me! ;D).

Are the ones you mentioned these?

iUtjaP9.png

B8zugZt.png

lgt648fw.png

Sorry for the trouble, having a version with numbers should make things more practical :P

Quick sketch from a ref photo. When I say quick, it still took an hour or so. Trying to get used to painting workflow and find that I go over and over the same areas. Are there any particular brushes that are best suited? Could do with something to add a bit of texture too. Feedback is welcome as always! :-D

70Hv3c1.jpg