Totally random concept/sketch thread

arhurt

than dux implemented the suggestions as you can see above ! which yielded a handful of new problems and he ignored or forgot about a couple of my original suggestions:

Not ignored, just forgot. You gave a lot of tips and advice so some of it I forgot about. This helped me so much though, which is great as I'm not very proficient at the moment but that's why I asked for some help :). I'll go back and change those things you pointed out too.

It's both, it's matte painting Sentura.

The green is killing the mood tbh, it looks good but it doesn't fit in your assignment description, have you ever seen any green in a steam punk pic? :)

Stick with yellows, browns, orangies and red.

Too bad you didn't pic an angle with those big ass church organ, they're almost steam punk as it is! :P Or maybe that's those things right in the center on the background? can't really tell.

the-church-organ.jpg

Anyway, it needs more copper gears wheels, bulbs, etc.

lol, I know I will sound stupid and contradictory but I looked at the pic again today, and I kind of like that green now, wtf. Yeah Peris really has a point.

I'm always the one pushing for colored contrast, not the other way around, I try and avoid monochromatic art styles as much as possible.

:-D self slap

Maybe you should have some nice color bleeding from the green of those drapes thingymajigs? Also, shouldn't the reflection of everything of the floor have a certain color from all the elements in the scene? Other than that, really nice base to work from to go to the steampunk vibe!