Splinter Cell: Conviction

Haven't played it yet (waiting for the PC version!), but was the rationale behind that level... making it into a generic shooter for one level only?
\

The problem with talking about splinter cell is if I tell you, its a spoiler at every turn. You will just have to wait and find out :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just played the coop with a buddy on split screen and was one of the best gaming experiences i have had in a while. I dont think it would of been the same online.

Nice :) I have been hearing alot of positive feedback. Still I wish we had NVG's in the game as it gets darks due to less of a light budget. But I'm happy you guys are having fun with split screen :)

On my second playthrough, this time on realistic. Being a massive splinter cell fanboy, I've obviously got a few nits to pick about Conviction, but overall it's a great game. Story and presentation are top notch. Very faithful to all the old games (even the Montreal version of Double Agent and the PSP Essentials

sans NSA Director Williams not being a character in Conviction. I can understand that, though, as he wasn't in the Shanghai version of Double Agent and Conviction seems to be treating that version as canon. For a guy like me who considers all of them canon (including the ways I've been able to justify having three different contradicting versions of the same story of Double Agent), it's easy enough to just write the character of Williams off, since Sam had proof at the end of Essentials to blackmail him into resigning.

- I wish that there was still an option to hide bodies. I understand that Conviction is more fast paced that its predecessors and that not being able to hide bodies adds an element to the gameplay (executing someone who is in broad daylight in the middle of a parking lot so all his buddies can see his body) or luring him into the dark and killing him there), but still, it would have been nice to leave that as an option, even if you don't stress it as a fundamental of gameplay.

- Unless I missed it, I really miss the option to whistle or whisper to attract attention. My first playthrough, about 50% of my time was spent sneaking, and the other 50% was spent Sam-Fisher-Rapes-Everyone. During the sneaking time, I really missed this feature.

- I don't like how when you're crouching, you only move at one speed. Granted, they tweaked the enemy's hearing, so they hardly (if ever) hear you when you're crouched (or walking slowly for that matter, something that's new), but when you're in a firefight and want to move to cover that's too far away for the cover system to recognize, it would be nice if you could move faster when you're crouched, instead of having to stand up. Again, I completely understand why this is the way it is, but just saying I miss that from the old games.

Excellent game though. Still have to play coop.

On my second playthrough, this time on realistic. Being a massive splinter cell fanboy, I've obviously got a few nits to pick about Conviction, but overall it's a great game. Story and presentation are top notch. Very faithful to all the old games (even the Montreal version of Double Agent and the PSP Essentials

sans NSA Director Williams not being a character in Conviction. I can understand that, though, as he wasn't in the Shanghai version of Double Agent and Conviction seems to be treating that version as canon. For a guy like me who considers all of them canon (including the ways I've been able to justify having three different contradicting versions of the same story of Double Agent), it's easy enough to just write the character of Williams off, since Sam had proof at the end of Essentials to blackmail him into resigning.

- I wish that there was still an option to hide bodies. I understand that Conviction is more fast paced that its predecessors and that not being able to hide bodies adds an element to the gameplay (executing someone who is in broad daylight in the middle of a parking lot so all his buddies can see his body) or luring him into the dark and killing him there), but still, it would have been nice to leave that as an option, even if you don't stress it as a fundamental of gameplay.

- Unless I missed it, I really miss the option to whistle or whisper to attract attention. My first playthrough, about 50% of my time was spent sneaking, and the other 50% was spent Sam-Fisher-Rapes-Everyone. During the sneaking time, I really missed this feature.

- I don't like how when you're crouching, you only move at one speed. Granted, they tweaked the enemy's hearing, so they hardly (if ever) hear you when you're crouched (or walking slowly for that matter, something that's new), but when you're in a firefight and want to move to cover that's too far away for the cover system to recognize, it would be nice if you could move faster when you're crouched, instead of having to stand up. Again, I completely understand why this is the way it is, but just saying I miss that from the old games.

Excellent game though. Still have to play coop.

I agree with all of your points

":t9d2pw01]You worked on the Iraq level didn't you? C'mon... admit it! :D

lol HP

At one point that level was much more interesting but I wish they had kept in at least most of the same abilities Sam gets. The level its self done by a friend of mine is actually pretty good. It was once much better before all of the cuts, but eh, its the gameplay that stinks there, not so much the level :)